Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Mestia to Telavi (along the Caucasus)

Hi,

some shots from a flight Mestia-Telavi with the Beech Bonanza (Dream Fleet). Airports: Freeware by Georgian Virtual Airports, converted for FS2004 by myself with kind permission of the author (Telavi = work in progress).

Bad weather in Mestia: Another day with fine Svan food and songs.

y7EGNOl.jpg

But then: fine weather, time to leave!

IiwX8fy.jpg

78wHk2n.jpg

Dolra Valley with Mt. Ushba above:

oYFuvBN.jpg

Between the mountains and the lowlands (Shaori lake in the background):

DSjV4UK.jpg

Natakhtari airfield below, Mt. Kazbek far away:

CsYOvrc.jpg

DM2HvE1.jpg

Alazani valley, in the background the Caucasus main range:

qNZAwAr.jpg

ogtNWhc.jpg

Flying the pattern in Telavi:

DdkKD2Y.jpg

Landed!

hGG3Lwa.jpg

VAwyQEz.jpg

0jjH7gq.jpg

I hope you liked these.

Best regards,

Harald

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Fantastic pictures Harald, in an interesting and often neglected part of the world.  Man, I used to love those Dreamfleet birds!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Spectacular snow capped mountains with many national parks...just flew Kutaisi West to Talavi @15000ft....love those big mountain shots!

HLJAMES

Many thanks Bill, John, HLJames and Cactus521 for your kind comments!

On 11.12.2017 at 10:19 PM, JYW said:

in an interesting and often neglected part of the world.

It is true, but this part of the world shows magnificent landscapes and - in real world - unbelievable hospitality.

On 11.12.2017 at 11:22 PM, John F said:

Looks like there's a lot of enjoyment left in FS2004.

This is true, especially when flying in the eastern countries. There's still a lot of freeware for these areas; FS2004 seems to have kept a big user base there.

On 12.12.2017 at 3:30 AM, HLJames said:

.just flew Kutaisi West to Talavi @15000ft

Oh, will we see pictures from this flight in a dedicated screenshot thread? I'd like to see how photoreal scenery for this area looks like in the simulator.

Best regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

4 hours ago, HaraldG said:

Many thanks Bill, John, HLJames and Cactus521 for your kind comments!

It is true, but this part of the world shows magnificent landscapes and - in real world - unbelievable hospitality.

This is true, especially when flying in the eastern countries. There's still a lot of freeware for these areas; FS2004 seems to have kept a big user base there.

Oh, will we see pictures from this flight in a dedicated screenshot thread? I'd like to see how photoreal scenery for this area looks like in the simulator.

Best regards,

Harald

Made the flight with generic scenery and flew over Mestia...I remember Drzewiecki Design Baku had the entire country of Azerbaijan rendered in photoscenery and the photoscenery extends into Georgia and includes Tbilisi and Talavi.

the scenery around Baku is very high resolution but unfortunately the rest of the country has very bad scenery...even flying at 35000ft.

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

Ah, o. k. Drzewiecki's photoscenery was so bad, indeed, that I always used the one around Baku exclusively, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

3 hours ago, HLJames said:

Made the flight with generic scenery and flew over Mestia...I remember Drzewiecki Design Baku had the entire country of Azerbaijan rendered in photoscenery and the photoscenery extends into Georgia and includes Tbilisi and Talavi.

the scenery around Baku is very high resolution but unfortunately the rest of the country has very bad scenery...even flying at 35000ft.

HLJAMES

Really no need for generic scenery in this area. There is a ton of great freeware around. Trabzon, Sochi, Mineralnye Vody, Erevan, Beslan or Tbilisi have freeware available on a payware level. If you need any information / sources, just let me know.

And of course a little bit of advertising... I am working on a P3D scenery for Telavi, which will release very soon. And I also hope you know about the already available Mestia scenery. But yes... the first thing you have to do with Drzewieckis Photoscenery is to deactivate it :) FTX Global is doing a far better job here.

UM9RFDm.jpg

MTzRHSn.png

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

It's really great to see you posting here, David; thank you! It's you who gave me permission to convert your Mestia scenery for FS2004 and to publish it, shown here in the first pictures. I think that this will soon happen with UGGT, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg