Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

BOAC Connie cockpit refresh

Just a thank you to Warbirds for his Connie repaints. I've placed the VC from the blue Connie (his shiny retro scheme) into the BOAC one. I used the alternative yoke colours (black yoke), but unfortunately I hadn't realised that the modified yoke comes with the green cockpit insulation. No matter, perhaps it'll catch on. Disregarding my mismatching of colours - nice job, Paul! :cool:

2017-12-11_21-51-16-534.jpg

• Upvote 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Very nice .....love the connie....remember 1964 arriving in the Canal Zone...when they opened the door it was pouring down heavy rain and I could smell the jungle air...I think I'm going to like this place!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

Very nice! Never did care much for the white yoke and trim wheel. Looks out of place in such a muscular plane.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I'd seen a photo of a BOAC Connie cockpit. Whilst the photo was black & white, one could see that the yoke wasn't white. I'd seen that Paul had produced a couple of yoke repaints so just had to apply one of them. 

Nothing against the white yoke - it's what was in the real one for A2A's model. Having said that however, the Connie which Scott is sitting in for the intro video has a different yoke design....

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)