Sign in to follow this  
apollon01

G1000 / GNSs reading native Prepar3D SIDs & STARs

Hello Ed,

I am a happy and returning customer of your products (G1000 and GNSs).

Since Prepar3D (from v1) natively supports SIDs and STARs (and their default GPSs (500 and 296) are able to read them)

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/scenery/scenery_overview.html#SIDS and STARS

I would like to ask you whether it would be possible to introduce this feature - reading the Prepar3D native SIDs and STARs - into your G1000 and GNSs?

I have of course no idea about the amount of programming involved. Though since the SIDs and STARs are basically encoded as GPS approaches with suffixes A or D (which makes them either STAR or SID; please refer to the description in the SDK in the link), I tend to think it might be a "mission possible" :cool:

If you happen to give it a thought, I can send you a working SID I created myself for testing.

Kind regards,

Milan

Prepar3D has not updated any of the airports and is using the exact same data release as FSX.  There are no SIDs or STARs in the core FSX data for the airports.  While it is possible for the sim's core data to include SIDs and STARs... they were never implemented by Microsoft, nor L-M.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Yes, it is a pity that while the Prepar3D opened the potential to natively support SIDs and STARs, it did not at the same time update the AIRAC data in the sim :mellow:

Do I get it correctly that you are not considering to introduce this functionality to your products? (I suppose your commercial customers use RealNav so such a request is unlikely to come from them) However the situation in desktop simulation may be different.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Milan

Since there are no SIDs or STARs in the core data, it's a moot point... however, at this time there is no intent to support what isn't there.  RealNav, as well as products like Navigraph exist for this exact reason.  To provide what isn't in the core data.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

OK, fair enough. Thanks for your views.

The core P3D data can be updated to current AIRAC (navaids, SIDs and STARs,...) via fsAerodata (in conjunction with Navigraph). That's why such feature would actually address something, what is there.

But I understand that it may not be in line with your business model. No problem.

Regards,

Milan