Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

FSX KPAE Airport problem

Hello to all Pilots. I am trying to find if someone has the same scenery problem as I do with KPAE airport. I have UTX USA which makes no changes when Enabled or Disabled. From FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\ I found 2 files which make scenery problem. I renamed files: Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl then it reduced little the view problem. It happens with KRNT airport too.

My KPAE scenery problem can be seen here ......

FSXKPAEAirport.jpg

Patricio Valdes

22 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Did those two files get introduced by the Seattle City X demo?

I don't know for sure but even renaming those world\scenery files to .off still some elevation and holes, weird even without the Seattle city X demo. Removed all payware scenery entries from Scenery.cfg and loaded FSX with scenery default only, no success. 

Patricio Valdes

The Seattle CIty X demo does not have an uninstall option.. and those two files definitely came with the demo.  I had to remove them by hand.  Not sure what else the demo may have left behind..

Maybe reinstalling the demo may help you..

Bert

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The Seattle CIty X demo does not have an uninstall option.. and those two files definitely came with the demo.  I had to remove them by hand.  Not sure what else the demo may have left behind..

Maybe reinstalling the demo may help you..

You are right! I deleted the demo from FSX scenery library, renamed the 2 files in question as extension OFF and deleted the demo folder from Add on. Reinstalled demo and found those 2 files again in \world\scenery. So, definitely the demo left those files in there. The thing now is I get the weird KPAE and KRNT airports weird scenery looking very bad, wrong elevation and many holes around, too much distorted ground land.

Again, removed the demo and the 2 files. Those 2 airports (KPAE and KRNT) have some minor scenery weird looking around. I think the demo is not compatible with UTX USA. I also think the Seattle City X demo left other files around making the KPAE and KRNT with problems.

DD support will not tell you I guess. I asked DD Support if Seattle City X is compatible 100% with N2G Seattle, never answered.

Reinstalled the demo didn't help at all the same issue.

Patricio Valdes

Found solution may help to others here if UTX is installed. From FSX scenery settings deselect "UT Exclusions For Default Scenery", So, DD Seattle City X for FSX is not 100% UTX compatible.

Patricio Valdes

13 hours ago, trisho0 said:

So, DD Seattle City X for FSX is not 100% UTX compatible.

Or UTX is not 100% compatible.  It all depends on where it is located in your scenery.cfg.  DD indicated to me that you put SeattleX at the top of your scenery.cfg and you are good to go and they were right.  I have UTX below Orbx/FTX.  That's what you should be playing with.  Location, location, location!  Since I have UTX and Seattle X, I may disable Orbx/FTX stuff and see what it looks like with SeattleX, LatinVFR KSEA, and UTX only. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Or UTX is not 100% compatible.  It all depends on where it is located in your scenery.cfg.  DD indicated to me that you put SeattleX at the top of your scenery.cfg and you are good to go and they were right.  I have UTX below Orbx/FTX.  That's what you should be playing with.  Location, location, location!  Since I have UTX and Seattle X, I may disable Orbx/FTX stuff and see what it looks like with SeattleX, LatinVFR KSEA, and UTX only. 

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, First I appreciate your help on this. I only have UTX, FScene4X and UT2. DD Seattle City X DEMO removed from FSX Acceleration sim.

Installed DD Seattle City X for FSX and found black squares and no gates, buildings, jetways. Also, terrain elevation weird and even water more looking hills. UTX not activated or activated didn't resolve it. It is the only scenery giving me this issues. First installed version 1.00 then updated to version 1.05. Removed Seattle City X and installed only version 1.05

I have Taxi2Gate KSEA installed as well. From FSX scenery library, DD Seattle City X has priority first then following T2G KSEA without success. I swapped priority scenery order and still the same problem. Screenshots here ...

Installed Seattle City X for FSX and found black squares and no gates, buildings, jetways. Also, terrain elevation weird and even water more looking hills. Please take a look and give me what to try from. UTX not activated or activated doesn't resolve it. It is the only scenery giving me this issues. First installed version 1.00 then updated to version 1.05. Removed Seattle City X and installed only version 1.05

I have Taxi2Gate KSEA installed as well. From FSX scenery library, DD Seattle City X has priority first then following T2G KSEA without success. I swapped priority scenery order and still the same problem. Screenshots here ...

SeattleCityXKPAEblacksquares.jpg
SeattleCityXKPAE.jpg

SeattleCityXKRNTblacksquaresmore.jpg
SeattleCityXKRNTblacksquares.jpg

Patricio Valdes

First of all, here are the scenery settings:

scenery.PNG.b36a1606101e5ba9dd3a73711fc545d3.PNG

I had the same problems and finally got it fixed.  Not sure how as I tried thousands and thousands (well, it felt like it) of variations and none worked.  I would see black squares.  Something is corrupted.  I know I disabled/enabled scenery.cfg settings via the Scenery Library in the FSX Menu (with the flight loaded).  Suddenly it was fixed. 

You know from the DD developer that you must have SeattleX at the top of your scenery library and LVFR KSEA must be below it.  You do not have Orbx/FTX PNW so you do not have to worry about where LVFR KSEA is located as long as it is below SeattleX.  If you disable LVFR KSEA, the default KSEA will appear but KRNT, KPAE, and others should be showing up properly. 

SeattleX consists of two huge files - Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X (two separate products).  These two files will be installed into SeattleX.  So you should make sure you installed both.  I do not see where you purchased Seattle Airports X, just Seattle City X.  That could be the problem.  Your images do not show buildings at KRNT or Boeing Field so think you just need Seattle Airports X.

If you just want to have Seattle City X installed, then I see no problem with you putting LVFR KSEA above Seattle City X but, to be safe, I would leave LVFR KSEA lower than Seattle X as the developer stated this is the way it should be configured if you do not want to have problems.

On 12/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, trisho0 said:

I renamed files: Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl then it reduced little the view problem. It happens with KRNT airport too.

Do not disable these airports!!  If you do not have Seattle Airports X installed, you have no airports!  The airports also affect things in the surrounding area so you should never ever mess with the default airports.  If you install Seattle Airports X, this will override the default airports.  This is different than if you have MyTrafficX installed with AFCAD's in the MyTraffic scenery folder.  Those can be renamed with the .off extension so they will not load.  But do not touch the defaults.

So, I hope this has helped you a little.  Let me know.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, regarding on Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files they had been installed from DEMO because the installer had option to install KPAE and KRNT. The full DD Seattle City X installer didn't show options to install airports. So, I should be able to see the default which have the airport buildings.

I will see what happen after following your FSX scenery settings. I will report you indeed. Many thanks.

Patricio Valdes

26 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

regarding on Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files they had been installed from DEMO because the installer had option to install KPAE and KRNT.

Okay.  Didn't realize that.  Didn't realize the demo had the airports too.  So you do need to remove those.  It is my understanding that if you installed the demo and you wanted to install the Seattle City X, when you run the Seattle City X, it will ask if you if you want to uninstall the demo first.  Click yes and it uninstalls the demo and then installs the real product.

Good luck getting it fixed.  I'll be unavailable until 7 am tomorrow...

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Did change FSX scenery settings and still the exact issue. Placed Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files from DEMO and it makes even worse just like the very first screenshot posted here which is KPAE. I wonder why the Seattle City X installer messed up with KPAE and KRNT default if it was designed to install a city and not airports? If I want the DD airports then is fine. Is there a way to get the KPAE and KRNT default?

Patricio Valdes

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

when you run the Seattle City X, it will ask if you if you want to uninstall the demo first.

Hello Jim, I removed complete the DEMO because the full installer asked to do that first before continuing the installation. So, the full install was from scratch. At this time I think I installed 5 times and no luck.

Rest well and many thanks for your interest helping me on this.

Regards, Patricio

Patricio Valdes

9 hours ago, trisho0 said:

regarding on Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files they had been installed from DEMO because the installer

9 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Placed Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files from DEMO and it makes even worse just like the very first screenshot posted here which is KPAE

Okay, did some research and these statements are wrong.  These are default files as I stated above and have nothing whatsoever to do with Seattle City (or Seattle Airports).  They are not in my Seattle X installation.  You do not mess with default files as these are default files located in your scenery/world/scenery folder.   DD would never ever install anything in your scenery/world/scenery folder as they set up their own installation.

When you installed the demo, all the files required by Seattle City X are placed in a file called Seattle X.  They go nowhere else on your computer.  They don't mess around with your default files. About the only time an addon will mess with default files is when they change an effect like the halo.bmp (and no addon developer should ever do that as it borked many fsx installations). As stated above, when you installed the payware version, it will uninstall the demo first and then install Seattle City and place all of your files in the Seattle X folder.  If the demo also installs Seattle Airports, all of those files would be placed in the demo folder for SeattleX will not show up in your scenery.cfg until you start up FSX and activate the product.  It will be at the top where it should be.  So, when you renamed those default files, it messed everything up.  So you need to do the following:

• Rename the default files back to what they were.
  • Uninstall Seattle City.  Look in your FSX/Addon Scenery folder and make sure Seattle X is no longer in this folder.  Delete it if you see it.
  • Restart FSX.  You may get an error indicating Seattle X is no longer installed and ask if you would like to unload it and you should click yes if so.  Look in your scenery.cfg and make sure it is gone.
  • After restarting FSX, go to KSEA.  Your scenery should be back to the default except that LVFR KSEA should be looking like LVFR KSEA (beautiful).  Look in the scenery library while FSX is running and make sure you see the following entries and in this order:
  1.  KSEA-T2G FSX\KSEA
  2.  KSEA-T2G FSX\KSEA-TERRAIN
  • Fly to KPAE (or relocate to KPAE) and make sure KPAE is now looking like the default
  • Fly to KRNT (or relocate to KRNT) and make sure KRNT is now looking like the default. 
  • If KPAE, KRNT, and LVFR KSEA look proper, reinstall Seattle City.  Go fly.

If you did not purchase Seattle Airports X, I would highly recommend as it makes KPAE, KRNT, and Boeing Field look awesome with lots of static AI and buildings.  The purchase is really not complete without both installed.  When Seattle KSEA is released in a couple of months, I would not install as LVFR KSEA did an outstanding job with that airport!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

When you installed the demo, all the files required by Seattle City X are placed in a file called Seattle X.

Hi Jim, Also the DEMO place Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files in world\scenery. The KPAE and KRNT default are in scenery\101\scenery and not in world\scenery folder. If you rename those files the Demo will place them back, see now? The full installer won't place anything in world\scenery I knew that.

Patricio Valdes