Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

FSX KPAE Airport problem

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Also the DEMO place Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.BGL and Renton Mun KRNT_ARP.bgl files in world\scenery.

You are probably right as those files are dated around the date I installed Seattle X.  Those files should be deleted or renamed with the .off extension.  They will be reinstalled if you install Seattle Airports X.  My understanding the demo files scenery were reduced to 90% of the payware files so those files are the demo's.  Everything else, to include even more KPAE and KRNT files are located in the Seattle X addon folder.  I can see now why you are having the difficulties you are having.  The demo definitely messed you up because it was not uninstalled properly.  If you do get the Seattle Airports X program, when you install it, it should overwrite those files if you do not have them disabled.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

32 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

If you do get the Seattle Airports X program

Jim, Something doesn't make sense. DD developer released Seattle City X don't know if before or after Seattle Airports X or maybe at the same time. It looks like a Seattle X package has been split as Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X in 2 separate installers but must be together as one package to make it work as expected. So, whoever wants Seattle City X must be purchasing Seattle Airports X as well. Otherwise, if only Seattle City X is installed then will be incomplete, leaving KPAE and KRNT with black squares, no buildings, a big mess around.......see now?

Seattle City X program is incomplete. I have Taxi2Gate KSEA and airports around are fine. T2G didn't mess around. Seattle City X messed KPAE and KRNT. It supposed to be installed just the Seattle City without messing airports. None of my over than 100 payware sceneries did such kind of mess.

I asked DD Support and responded the black squares are because not present Seattle Airports X. I have to purchase on that. Not Fear! Business ........

What do you say?

Regards,

Patricio

Patricio Valdes

14 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Jim, Something doesn't make sense. DD developer released Seattle City X don't know if before or after Seattle Airports X or maybe at the same time. It looks like a Seattle X package has been split as Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X in 2 separate installers but must be together as one package to make it work as expected. So, whoever wants Seattle City X must be purchasing Seattle Airports X as well. Otherwise, if only Seattle City X is installed then will be incomplete, leaving KPAE and KRNT with black squares, no buildings, a big mess around.......see now?

What I said above.  As I stated, you need to purchase Seattle Airports X and you will be good to go.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

What I said above.  As I stated, you need to purchase Seattle Airports X and you will be good to go.

So, do you agree we have to purchase both, Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X to have the complete package to resolve those black squares from KPAE and KRNT airports?

Patricio Valdes

6 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

So, do you agree we have to purchase both, Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X to have the complete package to resolve those black squares from KPAE and KRNT airports?

That's what I stated in an earlier post above -

"SeattleX consists of two huge files - Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X (two separate products).  These two files will be installed into Seattle X.  So you should make sure you installed both.  I do not see where you purchased Seattle Airports X, just Seattle City X.  That could be the problem.  Your images do not show buildings at KRNT or Boeing Field so think you just need Seattle Airports X."  Also, when DD KSEA is released, it will be another payware addon but I do not recommend getting rid of LVFR KSEA as Seattle X is compatible.

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim, just resolved the black squares and missing buildings issues from KPAE and KRNT. I can't believe it!

Installed full Seattle City X and after installed the DEMO as well which has the KPAE and KRNT airports. Later, I copied all the contents from the full Seattle X folder into Seattle X DEMO folder. The DEMO installer placed KPAE and KRNT in World\Scenery folder and related airports in Seattle X\scenery I left them untouched. Then renamed the edited folder Seattle City X DEMO as Seattle City X and removed the original Seattle X. FSX now shows Seattle the city, KPAE, KRNT and KBFI without black squares and all buildings. Voila!!!

Now I feel more comfortable on how to get rid of those black squares so I can definitely purchase the Seattle Airports X because I saw the amazing final DD Seattle airports very nice.

Best Regards, Patricio

Patricio Valdes

Slightly off topic, but what sort of VAS impact are users noting when using the combination of Seattle Airports and Seattle City? 

I have Seattle Airports installed together with T2G KSEA and UTX, but I've deactivated Orbx PNW and OpenLC NA. The new airport scenery looks amazing and I can happily fly between all the new airports and KSEA in the default Baron (which I tend to use as my standard test aircraft).  However the VAS usage does eventually rise to a level where one starts to worry about OOMs and, although so far I have escaped them, I just wondered whether adding Seattle City could tip the balance?

Bill

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

Slightly off topic, but what sort of VAS impact are users noting when using the combination of Seattle Airports and Seattle City? 

I have Seattle Airports installed together with T2G KSEA and UTX, but I've deactivated Orbx PNW and OpenLC NA. The new airport scenery looks amazing and I can happily fly between all the new airports and KSEA in the default Baron (which I tend to use as my standard test aircraft).  However the VAS usage does eventually rise to a level where one starts to worry about OOMs and, although so far I have escaped them, I just wondered whether adding Seattle City could tip the balance?

Bill

As posted in the topic about the release of Seattle X, here is a FSUIPC report from my flight from LVFR KSEA, flying around Seattle, landing and taking off at KBFI, KPAE, and KRNT in the default F22.  I have ORBX/FTX Pacific NW and UTX also installed:

*** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 37.3 fps, Maximum was 158.7 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 805 secs = 76.1 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 155 aircraft
Memory managed: 198 Allocs, 197 Freed

The report below was from a flight from Portland to KSEA with the PMDG 737, ASP4, and ProATC-X:

*** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 17.9 fps, Maximum was 138.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 2747 secs = 56.9 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 104 aircraft
Memory managed: 1317 Allocs, 1316 Freed

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim. Sorry but I hadn't seen the other topic about the release of Seattle X.

Bill

5 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Thanks Jim. Sorry but I hadn't seen the other topic about the release of Seattle X.

Bill

Not a problem Bill.  I probably should have mentioned it was over in the P3D Forum -

Submit News to AVSIM

I keep forgetting what forum I'm in :biggrin:.  Actually those figures are from running P3DV4.1 and not FSX.

Submit News to AVSIM

Back on Seattle City X DEMO I think if any demo installed is for testing if we like it prior purchasing on it. If the demo installer placed airports then the full installer should be with those airports otherwise the demo is wrong. I found the Seattle Airports X DEMO but is the City with airports (?). In the event to install the full Seattle Airports X then airports should be. No Seattle City X it shouldn't. One or the other unless if both are bundled together. The thing is for any purchaser testing Seattle City X DEMO is expected to receive from the paid installer same product completed as it should.

Patricio Valdes