Sign in to follow this  
dhosein

RAAS:SE - Invalid Digital Signature

Recommended Posts

I've reinstalled FSX:SE after a while not flying and have been coming across the following error with my RAAS installation (also via Steam). 

"Windows has found this file has a problem, and have already blocked this file, because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher"

The Steam forum suggests a RegEdit fix to resolve this issue:

 In Windows click "Start".
2. Open "Run".
3. Type in "regedit" and click OK.
4. In the Registry Editor navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

5. Double click "State".
6. Change the "Value data" to 23c00 and click OK.
7. Close the Registry Editor
8. Launch FSX:SE

 

Unfortunately... my registry entry is already as described in this solution, but I still get the same error. 

Is there anything I can do to resolve this, or is RAAS simply no longer compatible? I see a very similar error with TileProxy which I'm told simply isn't compatible with Win10... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not sure exactly which steps you are referring to from the FAQ suggestions since not of them specifically deal with an invalid digital signature as described in the error message. 

I have already followed the instructions under "There is no RAAS entry in the in game Add-ons menu bar" to add the RAAS entry to the dll.xml file

I've also tried the solution as described on the Steam Support forum as described above. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK - method 2 on that page seems to get past the error. But I still don't see RAAS in sim. checking again in the troubleshooting pages, and I don't think it's the simconnect issue - I don't have a RAASPro entry in my appdata folder at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asking the obvious  question  but  have  you  actually  installed   raas  and  did  it  install correctly,  since  your  first post  suggested  it  hadnt, is  probably  why  you cant  see  it  in your  sim and  in your  appdata  folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dhosein said:

OK - method 2 on that page seems to get past the error. But I still don't see RAAS in sim. checking again in the troubleshooting pages, and I don't think it's the simconnect issue - I don't have a RAASPro entry in my appdata folder at all...

 

Are you looking in the both AppData's.  P3D V4 has two possible locations.

Also, RAAS can take up to 40 seconds or so to appear in the ADDONs menu.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Asking the obvious  question  but  have  you  actually  installed   raas  and  did  it  install correctly,  since  your  first post  suggested  it  hadnt, is  probably  why  you cant  see  it  in your  sim and  in your  appdata  folder

I've installed RAAS via Steam (selected via the DLC entry on FSX:Steam) and waited for the update to complete before running the sim. I didn't get any error message, so I can only assume the install is OK. 

 

22 hours ago, byork said:

 

Are you looking in the both AppData's.  P3D V4 has two possible locations.

Also, RAAS can take up to 40 seconds or so to appear in the ADDONs menu.

 

Two Appdata folders need to be checked? Which is the other? I'm only running FSX:SE... not P3D. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case, would be only here;

C:\Users\********your user name********\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

 

You can open it with notepad and see if you have RAAS entries on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


In that case, I have the RAAS entry in the AppData file. 

I do get the notification now, following getting past the digital signature issue with one of the tips above, while loading FSX about trying to run RAAS and asking if I should make it a trusted item, but the add-on never appears in sim at any point during the flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dhosein said:


In that case, I have the RAAS entry in the AppData file. 

I do get the notification now, following getting past the digital signature issue with one of the tips above, while loading FSX about trying to run RAAS and asking if I should make it a trusted item, but the add-on never appears in sim at any point during the flight.

You'll  need to contact Dovetail Games; they built the installers for the Steam version of RAAS, via here:

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

Hopefully they'll have a new insight.

Everything I know about RAAS is listed on the FS2Crew Troubleshooting page.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even a response from Dovetail. 

Would it be possible to download a non-steam copy to manually install and activate it with my steam-given key?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, byork said:

Windows 10 is not the issue.  RAAS works with everything.

There seems to be a weird bug in FSX that can trigger this issue in some addons.  RAAS isn't the only addon this can happen to.

There are two suggestions in our Troubleshooting section.

Please try them:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=help_and_trouble_shooting

 

 

 

Hi Byork, i have some issue with my FS2crew... need your help

 

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this