Sign in to follow this  
MikeMarioR

Automatic Door Handling by GSX

Hallo,

is there a way to disable the door handling by GSX? Every time I use boarding or deboarding the doors open or close automaticlally.

Mike

Mike Ross

2 hours ago, MikeMarioR said:

Hallo,

is there a way to disable the door handling by GSX? Every time I use boarding or deboarding the doors open or close automaticlally.

Mike

I don’t really think so, if there was it’d be in the aircraft customization menu. 

Full names in the forums please, first and last.

I've seen Umberto from FSDT repeatedly say that GSX does not open or close doors. What's happening to you is caused by something else, most likely PMDG's very own ground handling, or perhaps FS2Crew, if you have it.

Walter Meier

I think the OP is asking if GSX can close or open the doors automatically. I guess that's what happens IRL.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

In all the flights I've flown using GSX it's never been able to interact with the doors (automatically open/close them). It waits for your input so if you call for boarding, it expects the main door, rear door (if applicable) and cargo holds to be opened by you and when the boarding is completed it alerts you to close all the doors.

Hi Mike!

If you use Linda and the 777/737 module, you have the answer. If I remember the module is programmed to automatically close/open the doors by monitoring GSX status.

Regards, Massimo Solimbergo

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Hi Mike,

I've found this post on how to disable the automatic gsx handling by Linda. Read this: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500848-explanation-of-lindas-gsx-door-service/

Regards, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot