Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Low framerate until I change views

I can't say for sure this is caused by Chaseplane...could be something with P3D4, perhaps?  I'm running the latest in non-experimental mode.

Sometimes, when I start my sim, my framerates start out about 15...normally they're 30.  When it happens I right click->Outside->Spot and my framerate goes back to the 30s.  Then I go back inside the airplane where the framerates were 15 and now they're 30.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Try the Experimental and let me know if you see any difference.

VCs are usually heavier to run than outside models.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 minute ago, Keven Menard said:

Try the Experimental and let me know if you see any difference.

VCs are usually heavier to run than outside models.

Okay, I flipped that switch and tried to restart but P3D 'disappeared' both times...no crash...just disappeared.  I closed Chaseplane when I tried the third time and, this time, it started.   

Also, until I switched the view to the outside and came back in, I was worried that my settings were too high.  But taking those actions fixed it so...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Do you have anything in the Event Viewer about the P3D crash?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have the same problem lately. When I start chaseplane automatically with the sim, the sim will not start but get stuck after 100%. Now I disabled the chaseplane auto-start and starting it after the sim has loaded properly.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Just now, officercrockey said:

I have the same problem lately. When I start chaseplane automatically with the sim, the sim will not start but get stuck after 100%. Now I disabled the chaseplane auto-start and starting it after the sim has loaded properly.

Same problem, same question:

5 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

9 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

No. 

Gregg Seipp

I see the same issue in experimental mode, if not worse.  In experimental mode, sometimes when I switch view inside to outside or vice-versa, there is a long pause with a black screen.  If I get that, I know that I will have to try again.  Sometimes it's instantaneous and that's when the problem with low frame rates is fixed.

Gregg Seipp

3 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Have you tried without ChasePlane running?

Good point.  I tried several switches back and forth that way and I, sometimes, did get the black screens but the framerate was consistent at 30.

I then restarted Chaseplane and my frames dropped to 15.  I did the switch back and forth and they went back to 30.  So, my hypothesis about the black screen was incorrect.

Gregg Seipp