Sign in to follow this  
wezhei

Speech Training doesn't work

Hello to the community,

since I made a full clean reinstall of win 10 including all apps also MCE 2.3.4, I'm not able to run the speech training. I always ghe a notification that speech training is not configured properly and I should go to the advanded toption and set speech recognizer 8.0 as default.

I've checked that and everything is set as requested. Any other tips what I did wrong?

regards

Heinz

• Upvote 1

Have you got the English American voice pack installed? You need that I believe for them a VR to work.

You might have lost the voice pack when you reinstalled the OS.

Rob

3 hours ago, mattsfalck said:

I have the same problem, my OS is configured with ENG/US language and Swedish keyboard.

/Matts

Try setting "English US" as the default language for the purpose of speech training. After that, can use Swedish keyboard as default.

I also have the same problem with the message:Speech Training is not configured properly...
on the other hand the "custom training" function works well with the test phrase.
So I recopied UserTraining_0. txt content in "custom training" and it didn't work again. But by not keeping the first 6 lines of UsertTraining_0. txt it works. I know it's curious but it seems to have something to do with the size of the training txt files. I'm on Windows10 in French that I passed in US (all). I hope it will help to find a solution.

Regards,

Pascal

16 hours ago, athis said:

I also have the same problem with the message:Speech Training is not configured properly...
on the other hand the "custom training" function works well with the test phrase.
So I recopied UserTraining_0. txt content in "custom training" and it didn't work again. But by not keeping the first 6 lines of UsertTraining_0. txt it works. I know it's curious but it seems to have something to do with the size of the training txt files. I'm on Windows10 in French that I passed in US (all). I hope it will help to find a solution.

Regards,

Pascal

Thanks for feedback.

Indeed, getting some feedback regarding this via e-mail.

But not everyone is experiencing it. Maybe to do with latest Windows 10 Creators Update release 

Is MCE installed to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder?

Is Windows UAC enabled (default 2 notches up the slider) or disabled?

hello,
in fact I am on the last update of windows 10 (Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299)
The program is installed in C: \Program Files (x86)\  and the MCU is disabled.

In addition, I start the program in administrator mode

Maybe the latest version of windows limits the size of the training files?

Just adding myself to the list of affected users. It began happening after the windows update. Speech recognition in the VC also seems affected. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

2 hours ago, athis said:

hello,
in fact I am on the last update of windows 10 (Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299)
The program is installed in C: \Program Files (x86)\  and the MCU is disabled.

In addition, I start the program in administrator mode

Maybe the latest version of windows limits the size of the training files?

The file is quite small. Maybe they put a limit to how many characters are allowed per screen which corresponds to a single line in txt file.

Try removing all lines that are above 256 characters. Eventually try with 128 chars limit

just made a quick check, removed all Usertraining files and replaced them with same name but empty, everything works (beside the thing that now i have no words to train *lol*

So i copiede the text from usertraining 1 to my new file and same error again , than i deleted every "long" sentence in the file and just kept shorter ones. And this worked.

So i think geralds assumtion that the number of charavters counts seems to be right

By the way I'm having the sam cobfiguraton as athis

Heinz

32 minutes ago, wezhei said:

just made a quick check, removed all Usertraining files and replaced them with same name but empty, everything works (beside the thing that now i have no words to train *lol*

So i copiede the text from usertraining 1 to my new file and same error again , than i deleted every "long" sentence in the file and just kept shorter ones. And this worked.

So i think geralds assumtion that the number of charavters counts seems to be right

Heinz

Thank you.

Will update the training files soon.

Haven't managed to update to latest Windows 10 yet.

1 hour ago, wezhei said:

Heinz

Would be nice if you could only leave the longest line in "UserTraining_0.txt", then delete a couple of characters at a time until it works, then report the number of characters left in that line (including space characters).

Thanks

Never mind...

Finally got all Windows updates installed and could replicate the issue.

Thank you all for being quick to flag this issue that resulted from latest Windows 10 update.

Tried it today in the morning; figured out that i can type 300+ characters in the first line without any problemens. But was not able to get a secound line displayed in the speech training. No matter if i put in 100 or 300+ characters. Hope this helps

heinz

...another thing that might be link to our common issue on the MCE is, that I heavily struggeld with a non working windows start button (could klick it but notthing happens. This can bee cause by the win 10 update; at least it appeared the same time as my speech training issue. Could solve the start button issue with the following solution

https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2017/10/31/problem-bei-der-anmeldung-meine-anmeldeinfos-verwenden-um-die-geraeteeinrichtung-einem-update-oder-neustart-automatisch-abzuschliessen/

unfortunate it's in german only but if someone needs support; I'm glad to help