Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Majestic Dash 8Q-400 FMC

I am currently trying to figure out the FMC flightplan input process in the Majestic Dash 8Q-400, and I note that some of the UK airport runways are not up to date. For example, the runway designations for EGMC Southend are 06/24, when they should actually be 05/23. Is there an update that I can install to correct this? As for using the FMC to input a flightplan, I thought that it was not working properly at first, but then I realised that the reason why it was not accepting my first airport ICAO code (EGMH Manston) is because that airport is now closed, and it is probably not in the database. The input method is significantly different to that in the PMDG planes, so I will need to "adjust" my thinking :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am currently trying to figure out the FMC flightplan input process in the Majestic Dash 8Q-400, and I note that some of the UK airport runways are not up to date. For example, the runway designations for EGMC Southend are 06/24, when they should actually be 05/23. Is there an update that I can install to correct this? As for using the FMC to input a flightplan, I thought that it was not working properly at first, but then I realised that the reason why it was not accepting my first airport ICAO code (EGMH Manston) is because that airport is now closed, and it is probably not in the database. The input method is significantly different to that in the PMDG planes, so I will need to "adjust" my thinking :smile:

Each FMC is different, because in case of the PMDG's Boeing, that's a different logic and design compared to the Universal, that's the FMC installed in the Dash 8. There are excellent videos on YouTube about programming the Universal FMC for the Q400. As for the navdata, or the database, navigraph offers up to date databases for navaids and airports each month, you probably are using the default navdata included in the Majestic package and not an updated database.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

OK....so where do I get the updated database? I have not updated the navdata for this or the PMDG planes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

OK....so where do I get the updated database? I have not updated the navdata for this or the PMDG planes.

This is an option: https://www.navigraph.com/

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Take a subscription to Navigraph. It has a great interface which will search your addons and update them every cycle. There is one for the Majestic Plane by the way.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Is there a step by step PDF tutorial flight available? The HTML sample flight is very difficult to follow, as it does not highlight things properly. I also wanted to select the cruise altitude on the MCP (by pressing ALT SEL), but the knob next to it would not change the altitude from "0". It flickered between "0" and "100", but would not increase at all. Maybe I am missing something here? :huh: I also can't see anything in that sample flight tutorial about setting the trim for take off....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just search youtube for Majestic Dash 8 FMS and you'll get a bunch of very good videos.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

A tutorial PDF like the PMDG 737 NGX Tutorial #1 would be the best option. Watching a video tutorial and running P3D at the same time is quite a difficult task with only one monitor.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

A tutorial PDF like the PMDG 737 NGX Tutorial #1 would be the best option. Watching a video tutorial and running P3D at the same time is quite a difficult task with only one monitor.

the 'detailed tutorial flight' on their tutorial page https://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/tutorials.html

includes a 71 page tutorial pdf and also checklist pdf

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 2

Also, we worked hard to provide the manuals and tutorials with the software. Have you looked that those?

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Just search youtube for Majestic Dash 8 FMS and you'll get a bunch of very good videos.

Vic

The best one by FAR is this one. It’s a hundred times better and more useful than Airline2Sim and this one is free.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, this is really surprising. But anyway, if you don’t care for having a new cycle every months, my advice is to get the monthly subscription, download the MANUAL installers for all the addons you own and then stop the subscription. I myself only buy a new cycle this way when I get a new addon that has to be brought on the same level: I don’t care for a new cycle every month at all. Those manual installers can be installed without having an active subscription, which isn’t the case if you use their ‘control center’.

https://www.navigraph.com/FMSDataManualInstall.aspx

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

altitude on the MCP (by pressing ALT SEL), but the knob next to it would not change the altitude from "0". It flickered between "0" and "100", but would not increase at all.

Ensure your P3D is not set to Metric units http://viaintercity.com/forums/bombardier-dash-8-q400-(dhc-8-402q)/faq-(frequently-asked-questions)-and-tips-for-dhc-8-402q/

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg