Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Majestic Dash 8Q-400 FMC

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there a step by step PDF tutorial flight available? The HTML sample flight is very difficult to follow, as it does not highlight things properly. I also wanted to select the cruise altitude on the MCP (by pressing ALT SEL), but the knob next to it would not change the altitude from "0". It flickered between "0" and "100", but would not increase at all. Maybe I am missing something here? :huh: I also can't see anything in that sample flight tutorial about setting the trim for take off....

I posted a few times on the Majestic forum already that they should delete the sample flight from the download: it is full of mistakes and lacks a lot of steps. It’s the worst tutorial I have ever had in all my simming life. The detailed flight that spesimen posts should be added to the download instead. It is still not perfect but a LOT better! 

You’ll learn the most though from reading the system description pdf that comes with the plane.

It is a complex model as any professional study aeroplane / add-on, I bought it 3 days ago and it is one of the best I have ever purchased in my 22 years of flying simulation experience.

I only managed to perform a successful landing last night after 3 days of reading manuals and several practice attempts, this model behaves like a real plane so it is a bit tricky to get use to it when you sit on it for the first time, reading the manuals is very important in order to allow your learning curve to reach an acceptable level to operate and pilot this model.

Regards,

Simbol 

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I also can't see anything in that sample flight tutorial about setting the trim for take off....

The trim setting for takeoff is not really rocket science with the Q400. Just note the CG limit for your TOM  in the Control Panel and adjust your trim accordingly when preparing for departure. (nose heavy = more bias to NU trim).
As long as you are in the white TRIM band and CG limits within the envelope you should be just fine. Just prepare to apply some ND trim when airborne as the lady tends to climb like a home sick angel initially.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I was really surprised when I first got the Q400 the elevator trim wasn't more scientific! Rudder trim on the other hand, always right one needle width before takeoff!

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The devs on the Q400 certainly knew how good the flight model was (it's running outside P3d incidentally), if you watch a replay of your landings, look closely at the pilots on the flight deck! They both hit the "brace" position! I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw it!:biggrin:

If you Google it, there are some good examples of flying tech used. Your approach angle has to be set up spot on first, then descent controlled by power from those massive turboprops. If you mess with the pitch on final, get ready to bounce!:blink:

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

The devs on the Q400 certainly knew how good the flight model was (it's running outside P3d incidentally), if you watch a replay of your landings, look closely at the pilots on the flight deck! They both hit the "brace" position! I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw it!:biggrin:

If you Google it, there are some good examples of flying tech used. Your approach angle has to be set up spot on first, then descent controlled by power from those massive turboprops. If you mess with the pitch on final, get ready to bounce!:blink:

Cheers!

You forgot to mention that if you move the throttles to idle during the approach you will drop like a stone!

S.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, simbol said:

You forgot to mention that if you move the throttles to idle during the approach you will drop like a stone!

S.

Ha ha! Yes, quite!

Those things wings are only there to fix the massive engines to. That's why traditional flare on landing is useless.:biggrin: