Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Aerosoft US Cities worth it?

I'm wondering if anyone has got the latest version for P3D v4 and is it worth it? For cities such as Los Angeles, how well does it play with FTX Southern California? Since that area is a real fps eater already. I'm thinking it's only worth it to purchase for those who don't have FTX Southern California. There are also other cities like Chicago, and San Francisco as well. Does this just replace the buildings?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have and use Aerosoft's New Orleans X and several northern cities. I think they are fine for general purpose flying. I don't see them as equal to something like DRZEWIECKI DESIGN cities. Then, AerosoftX don't cost as much. I do find them to be better than PD3's autogen cities.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

You may want to know they don't have night lighting (with the exception of Las Vegas). The cities as such look quite good, I recall having flown much in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo scenery. This area otherwise has only FTX OpenLC/Vector/Base treatment, no dedicated Region, and the falls look quite ugly. Here the Aerosoft version is definitely much better. Las Vegas is a noticeable improvement over FTX SCA, too, but will be soon obsolete after FlyTampa's rendition will appear.

I have several other ones but haven't used them for quite some time because of lacking night lighting and for better overall coherence. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have Detroit and thought it was one of my worst flight sim purchases.  Tons of buildings in the middle of the Detroit River.

Thanks for your input guys, looks like I will hold off on purchasing these then.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have the Boston scenery (which is he most recent release of the series) and think it's excellent during daytime flying. I also have the older Chicago scenery, which is good, but doesn't feel quite as detailed.

IMHO, if you have an ORBX full region, I wouldn't purchase a US city addon as the base photo scenery might not play nicely with the ORBX vector data and a more detailed than default cityscape is already provided by the ORBX product.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I have Detroit and thought it was one of my worst flight sim purchases.  Tons of buildings in the middle of the Detroit River.

Was it default FS or did you have Ultimate Terrain or something. I didn't have that problem, but I still regret the purchase. No seasons and no night lighting makes the add ons pretty worthless.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have Chicago, which I've enjoyed as it definitely fleshes out the city and it coexists well with FlyTampa's KMDW.  I also have LA which I stopped using as there are a number of conflicts with other products which I could never resolve including some with Orbx KPSP (yes, it covers all the way to Palm Springs).  Some fairly severe elevation/mesh issues, duplicate buildings and that sort of thing.  I definitely do not recommend if you're using Orbx' SoCal region.

Scott

11 minutes ago, tttocs said:

I have Chicago, which I've enjoyed as it definitely fleshes out the city and it coexists well with FlyTampa's KMDW.  I also have LA which I stopped using as there are a number of conflicts with other products which I could never resolve including some with Orbx KPSP (yes, it covers all the way to Palm Springs).  Some fairly severe elevation/mesh issues, duplicate buildings and that sort of thing.  I definitely do not recommend if you're using Orbx' SoCal region.

Scott

Do you have Orbx Meigs also?  Just wondering how the three of them play together.... as I have FLyTampa KMDW and Orbx Meigs.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

1 hour ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Do you have Orbx Meigs also?  Just wondering how the three of them play together.... as I have FLyTampa KMDW and Orbx Meigs.

Unfortunately, no.  The CitiesX Chicago has the option to include their version of Meigs as well as include the abandoned Chicago Spire project which will now never be built and is IRL just big round hole in the ground.  I disable the Spire but enable Meigs.  Their version is OK, but certainly not Orbx quality.  My guess is that there are likely some mismatches between this and Orbx Meigs.

Scott

Edit: I should also note that as fast as new projects are going up in Chicago right now, this version of Chicago is already becoming a bit dated.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, pmb said:

Here the Aerosoft version is definitely much better. Las Vegas is a noticeable improvement over FTX SCA, too, but will be soon obsolete after FlyTampa's rendition will appear.

How soon maybe FT KLAS to be released? In the FlyTampa Forum doesn't mention any date.

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

How soon maybe FT KLAS to be released? In the FlyTampa Forum doesn't mention any date.

First half of 2018, according to them.

10 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

First half of 2018, according to them.

Cool! just waiting then. Many thanks for your help

Patricio Valdes