Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

WX Advantage Radar for P3Dv4.1 available

Downloaded the file from Simmarket, installed it, and the only choice given by the installation tool is P3Dv3, rather than P3Dv4, even though Simmarket emailed news of the update. What am I missing?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I'm exactly the same, fresh installer from Simmarket and only for P3Dv3?

When click to WX Advantage Radar - Updater, then result - no updates available!

8 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Scott, 

We have just released it. 

Enjoy!

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much - for the port and the notification... I sorely missed that superb little gauge since moving to v4... Appreciate all you do... I'll test it out this weekend when I get in...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Scott, 

We have just released it. 

Enjoy!

Hi Tim,

One follow up - I've made the request multiple times at Carenado/Alabeo - would you have a means of communication open to possibly offer them assistance implementing your gauge in their products - a push from your direction ??? I'd love to see the full 3D implementation in more of the aircraft I fly... It would make a superb replacement for that awful Avadyne unit they love putting in almost all of their products...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Is there a list somewhere of the aircraft that support this as an integration into the virtual cockpit?  I’ve been tempted to buy this but I have no interest in using a 2d pop up panel.

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is there a list somewhere of the aircraft that support this as an integration into the virtual cockpit?

Yes there is, but it's not been updated for a while:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39736-wx-advantage-radar-3rd-party-aircraft-announcements/

For example several Milviz aircraft support this Weather Radar (Beavers and Otter and C310) ... the integrated control adjustments are also available to GIT (GoFlight Interface Tool) so you can map the controls to GoFlight modules.

Don't recall the option being available for the TFDi 717?  Perhaps I missed it?

But the list does need to be updated since June 2016.

Cheers, Rob.

For VC integration of a radar gauge check out Roland's gauge which is freeware and is relatively easy to integrate into a variety of P3d aircraft:

it works in P3d4 with various Hifi products,  like for example ASN.

6 hours ago, eke_flx said:

We sent the files yesterday.  I would give them 24 hours to get it running.  Otherwise, you can download the latest update which backward compatible at:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46256-wx-advantage-radar-build-1120171207/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

6 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Downloaded the file from Simmarket, installed it, and the only choice given by the installation tool is P3Dv3, rather than P3Dv4, even though Simmarket emailed news of the update. What am I missing?

I don't think they have the files up yet.  But you can get the backward compatible version at this link:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46256-wx-advantage-radar-build-1120171207/

Also, the Updater application associated with the WX will allow you to update to the latest full build.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, Luis Felipe Pech Pacheco said:

im sorry if this is not thew correct place to post it, but im just a newbie in this forums things, i´ve been having some problems with REX, i have  REX essential+overdrive and use it for P3Dv4, no issues at all, i use the weathr engine without any issue all perfect... then i decidesd to spend my salary on several ORBX products, more specific: base pack, OLC, and vector, after installing all those ORBX products, REX weather engine stopped injecting weather into the sim, i notice that Orbex installed some weather themes i wonder if the prblem is related with that?... each time i load Rex weather enging it opens the sim himself (how normal)but he not load the weather into the sim anymore... i tryed find answers on the web but noting clear so far.. if anybody have had the same issue maybe can share his solution! thank you very much for your help!

Please accept my apologies for the late reply, but we recommend that if you have a REX support issue, please contact us at:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums   We will be happy to assist you there then take up space at Avsim.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Tim,

One follow up - I've made the request multiple times at Carenado/Alabeo - would you have a means of communication open to possibly offer them assistance implementing your gauge in their products - a push from your direction ??? I'd love to see the full 3D implementation in more of the aircraft I fly... It would make a superb replacement for that awful Avadyne unit they love putting in almost all of their products...

Regards,
Scott

Scott -

We have been in touch with Carenado. No word at this time.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

49 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is there a list somewhere of the aircraft that support this as an integration into the virtual cockpit?  I’ve been tempted to buy this but I have no interest in using a 2d pop up panel.

Thanks

We have an easy to use FREE API that you can use to integrate it.  But you must be familiar with SDK for gauges.  If you are interested please contact me at:  rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

42 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes there is, but it's not been updated for a while:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39736-wx-advantage-radar-3rd-party-aircraft-announcements/

For example several Milviz aircraft support this Weather Radar (Beavers and Otter and C310) ... the integrated control adjustments are also available to GIT (GoFlight Interface Tool) so you can map the controls to GoFlight modules.

Don't recall the option being available for the TFDi 717?  Perhaps I missed it?

But the list does need to be updated since June 2016.

Cheers, Rob.

TFDI does support the WX Advantage Radar.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

35 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

For VC integration of a radar gauge check out Roland's gauge which is freeware and is relatively easy to integrate into a variety of P3d aircraft:

it works in P3d4 with various Hifi products,  like for example ASN.

It works with ALL 3rd party weather engines as well as default weather.  And it will work with Sky Force 3D when released.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

6 hours ago, eke_flx said:

If you go to your control panel within Windows and click on the WX Advantage Radar. can you read what build # you have installed?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com