Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Version 11.10.

Been reading all the horror stories on another forum and am almost scared to start it up.  Anything to be watching for?

Me too! I made a backup of my whole XP11 folder so I'm ready to give it a whirl. Best I can tell, if you have Nvidia GPU and delete your preferences (except controllers) and shadercache,  it should go okay.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

42 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Best I can tell, if you have Nvidia GPU and delete your preferences (except controllers) and shadercache,  it should go okay.

Unfortunately not in my case. Prior to the update I was able to pan around the aircraft in spot view and it was nice and smooth. Now, since "upgrading" it's a stutter fest. I've had to dial down my settings to almost minimums at times to get some smoothness and it fluctuates on where I fly and what the weather is at the moment. Looking forward to a fix.

I feel your pain. If i have any issues, I'll go back go 11.05 without hesitation.  I'm an XP customer,  not a beta tester.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Been reading all the horror stories on another forum and am almost scared to start it up.  Anything to be watching for?

It's the same with every X-Plane update (beta or non-beta) . Some people report having major performance issues, some people report having major performance gains, others report seeing no change at all.

And all of them are right, because it's too dependent on the system, settings and addons/plugins in use.

One thing you should always do when updating X-Plane is to delete the preferences and let X-Plane build new ones. Yes, wou will have to do the settings again, but that has been one major trigger for issues in the past.

I have done all the betas, except for .6 which broke some manipulators , and has some crashes, I have had no problems.

11.10 stutters for me too.

Even with frames locked to 30, which it maintains, it stutters while panning like crazy.

Prior to the 11.10 release, 11.05 was nice and smooth. I didn't try beta's until the RC's came out.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

8 hours ago, odourboy said:

I made a backup of my whole XP11 folder

Always a good idea when in this status.  I had a few surprises when the "final" came out that hadn't appeared in the betas, but they were easily worked out (for the most part).  I always keep two backups (keeping the last stable too) and alternate with each beta.  That way, I can step back a notch if there is a glitch.  Works well for me and the 11.10 final is working with a few glitches.  No EGT in the default C-172 for one thing, but that's minor.

John

John Wingold

No problems at all here, smooth as silk.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

11 hours ago, MikeAdamo said:

Unfortunately not in my case. Prior to the update I was able to pan around the aircraft in spot view and it was nice and smooth. Now, since "upgrading" it's a stutter fest. I've had to dial down my settings to almost minimums at times to get some smoothness and it fluctuates on where I fly and what the weather is at the moment. Looking forward to a fix.

Me as well. My performance went to word not allowed after the update. 

I'm really seeing nothing else that got "fixed" either that made it worth it. I should of just waited. 

Smooth here. I did delete shadercache but left all prefs alone and no problems.

On 13.12.2017 at 3:52 PM, N1G said:

Smooth here. I did delete shadercache but left all prefs alone and no problems.

Where to find the shadercache? Thanks!