Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Viva Las Vegas - Who is planning to attend?

Hey,

Awesome location to have a conference.  Vegas has so much to do after the Expo.  At this point in time, I am down for the expo. 

Isn't there a Top Gun type school event where one gets to fly with instructor?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, CaptainLychock said:

50/50 chance I might go to the event.... This might be what you are referring to, https://www.skycombatace.com/experiences/

Thank you for sharing the link.  Yes, this is it.  Looks super awesome experience.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

We look forward to seeing you this June!

The combat experience looks awesome! Thanks for bringing that up; we'll reach out and inquire about getting them to attend the event or, even better, arrange a discount for event attendees :cool:!

Keep the comments rolling. This is the kind of community brainstorming ideas we're looking for.

• Upvote 1

j5vvo7.png

Las Vegas - June 9-10, 2018
Flamingo Las Vegas Resort
www.flightsimexpo.com | +1 833-4-FSEXPO

I really wish I could be there.  Looks like its going to be an awesome event.

Just booked my reservations, I live in San Diego and Las Vegas is a nice 5 hour drive away, should be fun!

Cheers

Martin 

21 hours ago, paulbakeman said:

Does this take the place of the Flightsimcon or is that happening as well?

Thanks for the question Paul.

FlightSimExpo is a new, community-driven flight simulation event. It was created by members of Boston Virtual ARTCC who are well-connected within the flight simulation industry. Many of our team members were involved with FlightSimCon in the past, and as you can see on our website (www.flightsimexpo.com), many of the developers who have attended FlightSimCon in the past will be at our event in Las Vegas.

It is, and has always been, our hope that there will be a single flight simulation event that allows North American enthusiasts to connect...so, we hope that FlightSimExpo will take the place of FlightSimCon. We are working hard to ensure everyone knows that this is the only event created and supported by the flight simulation community.

j5vvo7.png

All registered and ready to go!  All I need now is some warmer weather....like the kind ya get in the month of June! :blink:

Bill Alderson

3 hours ago, Bill Alderson said:

All registered and ready to go!  All I need now is some warmer weather....like the kind ya get in the month of June! :blink:

Great Bill! I just double-checked the registration and everything looks good. We'll see you there. Make sure to say hi.

Evan & Phil

j5vvo7.png

On 12/23/2017 at 1:10 PM, FlightSimExpo said:

It is, and has always been, our hope that there will be a single flight simulation event that allows North American enthusiasts to connect...so, we hope that FlightSimExpo will take the place of FlightSimCon. We are working hard to ensure everyone knows that this is the only event created and supported by the flight simulation community.

Q: Why should it replace instead of add-to a proven entity?

Competition is actually a significant asset for performance, expansion of an industry, as well as diversity. It benefits all involved by demanding a streamlining of processes and product to compete. Consumers benefit by being given choice. Not all things benefit all people the same and therefore having choices can elevate and expand an entire industry. Competition also encourages the adoption of new ideas, products and services created in attempt to have a competitive advantage.

Speaking of Las Vegas....having personally worked in the Las Vegas market in the past, there are two kinds of mentality in the city: 1. Crush all competition, there should be only us. 2. Working together, even if your "piece of the pie" is the same (market share), actually grows the pie and everyone gains. The bottom line is an expansion of a market and a winning formula for all involved. Various business models and our freedom of choices in the US are the benchmark, nay hallmark, our our economy.

It already seems there will be diversity created due to having two flight sim conferences in 2018. They both seem to be attracting specific niches already, based on my research. I saw the FSCon has partnered with Cockpit-Fest (started in 1999), something that hasn't been done before. The FlightSim market is already expanding. There is room for all to play nice without the political mud slinging I have read.

As far as the "We are working hard to ensure everyone knows that this is the only event created and supported by the flight simulation community."  It is  my understanding that it was an enthusiast wihtin the community that started FSCon also and since both events already have support, this seems to be simply a biased falsity.

PS: Love the forum, I am happy, as a new FS enthusiast to have found it.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:33 PM, paulbakeman said:

Does this take the place of the Flightsimcon or is that happening as well?

Paul

It looks like they are both happening. Got to love when you have a choice. (see my additional responses on the power of competition)