Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Slow loading "Info" in 64 bit version

I have the new version 4 working ok (so far). Did one faultless flight last night. But one function is still a bit weird.

If you click on an airfield, then press the "Info" button, it can take ages to get the information. You get the rotating cursor and you think "ah it is locked up again". But eventually it comes back. It might be about 30-60 seconds. If you click on other locations it all loads fairly quick - although it still takes a few seconds The first time seems to be the problem.

Just a bit of feedback.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Yes, I've experienced the same issue. No doubt this new 64 bit version will need tweeking to get it humming.

JJ

If I might make a suggestion - the Search in the main screen only seems to be by ICAO code. Would it be possible to search by the name as well?  The reason for this is that in FSEconomy a lot of airfields have incorrect(?) ICAO codes. Perhaps they are outdated or something - I don't know. But they are wrong. It would be nice if I could search by the airport name as well. Currently I have to zoom in on the map and look around the area where I think the airfield is located and then click on each airfield. Pretty time consuming.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

The program has to retrieve weather and calculate active runways when you press the Info button.  If it's the first time pressing the Info button, it is normal for it to take 30-60 seconds, depending on all the variables involved in downloading data from the web.

A name search is on the possible future enhancements list.

Dave