Sign in to follow this  
jazzmanPL

LINDA SYNC ISSUE

Hello,

Has anyone expierenced such a problem? After starting fsx and switching linda to sync to sim, my PMGD 737 NGX is getting crazy :) All the switches and knobs programmed with LINDA start to operate by themselves with no interaction from my side. Gear lever, spoiler handle, autobrakes knob, reverse thrust etc. I'm using the lastest LINDA version and the latest module for NGX - 4.11. When I switch off syncing, all comes back to normal, however I cannot use the buttons programmed with LINDA. I use FSX boxed with FSUIPC registered. No buttons double assigned.

Help please :)

Edited by ScotFlieger
Cut and pasted log deleted for readability

Czarnecki Dariusz

yeEIP.gifBoeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you for your email and logs. I will investigate and get back to you. Please do not cut and paste logs into the forum.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Is there a particular button/function you are using that triggers the problem? Can you confirm what PMDG 737NGX version you are using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Is there a particular button/function you are using that triggers the problem? Can you confirm what PMDG 737NGX version you are using?

It happens every time when I switch on "sync to sim". NGX version is the newest also - 1.20.8465.

Czarnecki Dariusz

Sorry I meant to ask what version of LINDA 737 module are you using? Make sure you download and install the latest version 4.11.

If the X56 has switches with fixed on/off positions, the first time one button/switch is operated after start-up, LINDA will process all the buttons/switches for their current state. This explains why actions will occur without your apparent input.

Studying the fsuipc4.log several things jump out at me.

1. There is an error in the SLX_G1000.lua at line 28. An error in LUA code can affect LINDA operations. I suggest you remove it (or change the extension) to eliminate this possibility

2. LINDA is restarting multiple times before the errors start. How are you starting LINDA (FUSIPC4 or SimStarter)? I suggest you start it manually before opening FSX for test purposes.

3. I would ask you to open FSUIPC4.INI and change the entry LogOptionsProtect to YES and save.

4. Does the error only occur with the PMDG737? For test purposes please try with a Default aircraft.

5. The repeating error occurs in the MCP2 Combo Panel display updates for Landing Gear position (every 1Hz). I do not see this error. For one test I suggest you turn the MCP2 off and restart FSX. 

6. Other errors are occurring when the NGX_AUTOBRAKE_inc/_dec functions are called. I do not see this error. 

Please run a couple more tests as suggested above. After each exit FSX to close the log and copy and rename the log before emailing me.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

First of all, I like to thank You once again for Your support. I managed to operate LINDA with no errors following step 2 only. I launch fsx and all my addons (that means a lot :) with Simstarter NG. Linda was one of those programmes. I took it off the Run Manager and switched on manually before launching Simstarter..... and it is working smoothly. Apparently, there was some discrepancy beetwen those.

I am using module 4.11 as I mentioned before.

1. I talked with Maarten about the error in the SLX_G1000.lua two yeras ago- this one may be of no significance:

2. Thanks for the advice :) I'm using Simstarter NG as the main launcher. Getting LINDA out of the Run Manager fixed the "sync to sim" issue.

3. LogOptionProtect was at "YES" all the time.

4. The error was only with PMDG 737 NGX module - I'm using also other PMDG, QWSIM, FSLABS, MAJESTIC and CARENADO aircrafts - all working great

5-6 The error is fixed, so please give me a note if You like to see the other error logs for gear and autobrakes. I can launch LINDA with SIMSTARTER NG once again and email the logs to You for any future purposes if You like.

Best wishes :)

Czarnecki Dariusz

I am pleased we have running error free. I believe Guenseli also uses SimStarter and he has not reported problems with LINDA. He may be able to advise.

You may wish to try changing the sequence when starting LINDA or simply tick the Start LINDA with Sim on Setup LINDA page. This will cause FSUIPC to start and shutdown LINDA automatically. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Wilco :) Anyway, thanks for rapid and detailed explanation on possible errors and for the solution of the problem.

Linda is a great app and I cannot imagine using VRI MCP without it.

So... ho-ho-ho and Merry Christmas :) Time to warm up the engines in peace :)

Czarnecki Dariusz

Hi there,

Small update on the issue :) The problem returned just by itself /pure magic/ however thanks to that I managed to find the clue. The murderer is the Logitech Profiler. When I switched that off NGX tends to run smoothly with no ghost around managing the instruments. I'll do a few tests and confirm this one.

Cye

• Upvote 1

Czarnecki Dariusz

Hi again,

Back to the topic :) The issue came back, but I finally and definitely managed to find the clue. I have to admit I'm the guilty person and it was totally my fault. I'm really sorry for Your spent time. Anyway, I had to learn my lesson. Two days ago I spent few hours to clean all soft from windows startup and start FSX in clean configuration (I switched them off at SIMSTARTER NG run manager). After that I launched FSX directly with no addons and SIMSTARTER. As I'm using the X-56 and have to load X & Y axes after every windows startup (bloody new LOGITECH software) I focused on the axes and their assignment both in FSX and FSUIPC. I had some undesirable key and joystick assignments in FSX slew mode, so I cleared them all totally and assigned all necessary axes with direct input with FSUIPC (however left controllers enabled option in FSX - it turned out it makes no difference if they are not assigned). By the way FSX has an annoying tendency of enabling some assignments after reloading - anyway after few startups they were all clear. So I had the clean config and sim with no addons, but the problem still existing. And ta-dah!!! I found the missing link - my old "on repeat" assignments in Linda :) I used only "on press" and I had my pieces of brain focused only on that one :) After clearing those, all came back to normal. The plug got finally connected to the socket :)

That's worth a nearby donation for LINDA :)

And a sky-dive for me :)

Czarnecki Dariusz

Glad you got it sorted. We are here to help users get the best out of their system using LINDA. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK