Sign in to follow this  
OrtegaS

AirFoil Labs C172

Hello,

Thank you for the release of this fine tool for Xplane. 

I am currently flying the Airfoil Labs C172.  Conducting an instrument appch- type LPV- shows the lateral and vertical deviation bars in the appropriate VOR gauge.  I have the RXP GNS 530 setup to automatically tune/connect the GPS to the VOR indicator, connect GPS to autopilot, connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS, as well as RXP GNS 530 as master.  With the autopilot engaged and while in Nav mode, the A/C flies as predicted.  Once the GNS switches from TERM mode to LPV mode I activate the apch mode on the C172 autopilot.  The C172 continues to follow the lateral deviation indicator but does not follow the vertical deviation.  Is this correct in this A/C?  Is this a feature of the RXP GNS that should work, but is A/C specific depending on its capabilities?  Also, shouldn't the VOR gauge automatically set the correct heading or is this also A/C specific.

Thank you very much,

Steve

Hi, I can't specifically help with this aircraft and was wondering if another customer with the same aircraft could have provided more insights, if not already discussed in this forum.

It is possible this aircraft uses a custom autopilot which is not 'recognizing' the overridden input provided by the RXP GNS. Testing the same approach with a default aircraft and the same GNS settings should help determining if the settings, or the aircraft, are the culprits.

Otherwise, enabling the link to 'CRS' is what is needed for the HSI to change when the GNS V2 DTK changes.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello,

Thank you for your response. 

"It is possible this aircraft uses a custom autopilot which is not 'recognizing' the overridden input provided by the RXP GNS. Testing the same approach with a default aircraft and the same GNS settings should help determining if the settings, or the aircraft, are the culprits."

This seems to be the case. 

Thank you for you prompt reply. :biggrin:

Steve

I know you wrote about the GNS being master device.  Make sure it actually is still set in the menus.....  my XP copy keeps overriding what is set in the rxp ini files for some reason.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

my XP copy keeps overriding what is set in the rxp ini files for some reason

and this might be working better with the new updates I've just published a few minutes ago, otherwise, this will have to wait for the next one!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello,

I still seem to be encountering issues with the initiation of the GS portion of the KAP140 autopilot.  As soon as the GNS 530 switches from TERM mode to LPV mode I engage the APR autopilot function button on the autopilot switching from NAV mode to Apch mode.  This should be coupled, but GS is not displayed on the autopilot hence i have to use Vert speed to fly the descent. Laterally there does not seem to be an issue. I cannot determine if its a RXP issue, Airfoil labs issue, or User error :blink:

Also the KN62A....should it not read the DME from the GNS530 as default, master NAV device?  It does show DME from NAV 2 (radio stack)?

It would be a great help to know if there are any other Airfoil C172 XP users who are encountering this pblm or even if not.

Thanks,

Steve

I will paste this post in the Airfoil forum at Xplane.org