Sign in to follow this  
kennedy2125

Voxpopbase

Hi All,

Just purchased V7 after using V6 for a long time with no issues.  However when installing Voxpopbase from the link on the VoxATC website it installs but does not show in my Start menu in Windows.  Also when trying to run it from the install folder it just opens a DOS window which is just completely black with the flashing cursor at the top.  Has anyone seen this before and do you know what the issue is?

In the previous version it ran the Voxpop server and ran the installed voices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Dave

I am not sure but I don't think its working yet or maybe has something to do with 64bit voices. I know that some of the guys use other "outside voices".. I use CepereProc voices  and they are 64 bit. and don't use the voxpop at all. 

Good Luck,

Bob M.

Bob M

There are separate download pages for the VoxPop V6 and V7 voices. They are of marginal quality compared to both the free voices included with Windows 10 and payware voices from Ivona, Cereproc, Cepestral and Nuance.

Hi both,

Thank you you for the replies.  Am i correct in assuming that I dont need Voxpopbase then?  If i have other 64bit voices just set them up in Voxatc settings and they will work without Voxpop base.  Guessing Voxpopbase was just used to load the voices?

Cheers

You are correct. VoxPopBase and its voices are totally optional. Between Win 10 voices and payware voices I run the 64 bit VOXATC with 12 voices; 6 pilots, 6 controllers and one FO.

Many Thanks, I'm just getting back into flying after a couple of years out and so many things have changed since then!

Thanks again, I shall try some 64 bit voices

Cheers

Don't go crazy buying payware voices until you load all the ones that come with Win10. 

I have Microsoft:

David

Zira

Eva

Linda 

Mark 

Richard 

Some are added by enabling additional English language packs such as Canada. Others are hidden and require editing the Windows registry. That process has been documented previously in this forum. But the 2 Canada and 2 US voices should be more than enough to start with. Despite statements to the contrary, the Win 10 "hidden" and "mobile" voices work fine with 64 bit VOXATC 7. Other users have reported success with the Australia, England, Ireland and Indian English language packs.

But make sure that your default language in the Windows settings is English (US) or VOXATC may throw an error.