Sign in to follow this  
raofaisal

Closed Traffic Flight Plan Setup

Hi,

Can anybody explain how to setup flight plan in Pilot2Atc for closed traffic i.e. traffic patterns with touch-and-go at some airport e.g. EDDF ?

Just fly VFR without a flight plan.

When you are ready for departure at the runway, tell Tower you want to remain in pattern.  "Tower, <CallSign> ready for departure runway 35 left to remain in pattern."

Dave

That does not work for me.  I have Plan Type set to VFR, with one waypoint selected, KTPA.  No flight plan is filed.  I say as cited in the above post, but get no resp

Simulator Connected
Recognition Engine Installed
Grammars Loaded

Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;
 Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left;  to Remain in pattern;
 Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;

KTPA shows 2 Tower frequencies, 119.50 and 119.05.  Tried both, same result.

That does not work for me.  I have Plan Type set to VFR, with one waypoint selected, KTPA.  No flight plan is filed.  I say as cited in the above post, but get no response:

Simulator Connected
Recognition Engine Installed
Grammars Loaded
 Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Ready for Departure Runways Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;
 Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa;  Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;
 Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa;  Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;

This is interesting.

See my above post.  I gave up and decided to just take off.  Immediately AFTER lifting off, Tower responded with the following:

"Cessna Two Sierra Papa Whinds are calm  Cleared for takeoff, Runway Zero One Left Fly a Left hand pattern for touch and goes on runway Zero One Left Remain on this frequency."

(Side note:  "winds" is misspelled.)

I suspect that the controller was busy getting winds....can take 30-60 seconds the first time.  Waiting until you get a valid ATIS report should avoid this issue unless something is wrong with the weather source.

Winds is spelled wrong on purpose so the controllers pronounce it correctly.  Otherwise, they often use the word wind as in winding a watch.

For me none of the above solutions worked. While on active runway, I contacted Tower as follows :

Frankfurt Tower, Cessna Alpha Papa Bravo Bravo Quebec, ready for departure runway 25 left to remain in pattern

Tower responded as :

Cessna Alpha Papa Bravo Bravo Quebec, contact Ground 121.5 for taxi instructions

When I contacted Ground on 121.5, there was no response. I repeated above scenario many times but the response was same.

Now I am fed up after spending a lot of time and on the verge to give up and quit from using Pilot2ATC. I actually liked the idea and spent a lot of time setting up Pilot2ATC on my networked setup. However, now I understand that Pilot2ATC work in a very narrow window of very very specific ATC phrases which are very hard to find (at least for me, although I am a real world student pilot). I wish there could be list or detail of these phrases in Pilot2ATC user guide. Also there should be detail how to configure flight plan for various phases of flight.

It sounds like Tower did not recognize RW 25L as the active runway and was wanting you to get instructions from ground to go to the active runway.

Did you have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option checked?

Before calling tower, did you request taxi instructions from Ground to Runway 25L?

When you contacted ground, did you request taxi to runway 25L?

Have you watched the video I just made about VFR Pattern work?  There are only a few phrases necessary to make it work correctly.

Dave

See my previous post at 9:24 Wednesday.  This is still not working for me.  Some additional info:

1.  I checked Info and it DOES have the weather.

2.  I have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" set.

3.  I have watched your VFR pattern tutorial and am using the same grammar.

As reported earlier, I'm starting located at the end of the runway and my first call is to Tower and get no response though the voice recognition is correct.  If I try instead contacting Ground as my first call, I also get no response.

Also, FYI  'Pilot2ATC provides ATIS' is checked, yet it appears ATIS is coming from X-Plane as P2A in the Weather tab of Info shows Altimeter as 30.17, whereas ATIS says it is 29.92

Running P2A version 2.4.0.1_x64 with X-Plane 11.10 on Windows 10.

Another update to my immediately preceding post:

As with my post of 9:32 Wednesday, I gave up and finally just departed without ATC, but immediately upon liftoff I got a string of repeating P2A response as if it had stored the responses to each time I'd called and gotten nothing, and now spit them all out once as soon as I took off.   As I reported immediately preceding this, P2A DID have the KTPA weather.  Also, it had probably been 30 minutes that it was sitting there before I finally decided to just takeoff.

Sammy031,

Thx for your reply and interest.  I looked at your scripts and they're nicely done; thanks for your efforts.

But I don't think that gets to the problem I reported yesterday, above.  I'm following the script exactly as in Dave's video tutorial.  Plus it wouldn't explain why I got no responses to my numerous calls to tower and/or ground, but the responses I should have gotten all come tumbling out once I actually takeoff.

rastpb,

When you were having the issue, did you call ground first and get a taxi clearance. I think I had a problem similar to yours a while back and I think it was because I didn't get the taxi clearance prior to calling tower. Tower kept telling me to contact ground.

I have had instances when P2A seemed to get hung and then all at once I would get replies to the last several calls I made. I just attributed it to P2A downloading weather at the time.

There are some bugs in 2.4.0.1 that might cause the build-up of a few ATC responses.  These should be addressed in the 2.4.0.2 update coming soon.

Dave

Dave, your last 64bits update has resolved every freezes and crashes i had before ; you're really a skilled man ! And thanks to this thread and your last video , the last two days (after a long break) was really instructive about patterns and touch-and-go, around the two beautiful sceneries that are half moon bay (payware) and MisterX' KSFO .

The last update of Xplane 11 with the new FSenhancer is really a blast !