Sign in to follow this  
raofaisal

Closed Traffic Flight Plan Setup

Sammy031,

Many thx for your reply and interest.  Given Dave's subsequent post it sounds like he's onto the problem.  But to answer your question:  I generally don't want to spend time taxiing so I start in X-Plane located at the end of the runway and was calling Tower first and had the above issues.  Then I speculated that perhaps P2A didn't know how to handle that and, while still located at the end of the runway, would instead call Ground first, but had the same problem.  Later, when trying again and calling Tower first I got know response and when I just took off got then after takeoff got several responses from Tower telling me to contact Ground.

Dave,

I saw you already posted version 2.4.0.2 so I installed and tried it.  It does not resolve the problem of backed up ATC responses.  Below is a snapshot of the dialog text.

Simulator Connected
Recognition Engine Installed
Grammars Loaded

Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Two Sierra Papa Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern;  (this is in Green; it's what I called out, but no response.)

Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Two Sierra Papa;  Ready for Departure Runway Zero One Left to Remain in pattern; (this is in Green; it's what I called out, but no response.)

<several minutes went by.  ATIS had current weather.  I decided to just takeoff and then all the following tumbled out seconds after liftoff.  >

Two Sierra Papa Whinds are light and variable  Cleared for takeoff, Runway Zero One Left Fly a Left hand pattern for touch and goes on runway Zero One Left Remain on this frequency.
~Cleared for takeoff, Runway Zero One Left Fly a Left hand pattern for touch and goes runway Zero One Left will stay with you  Cessna Two Sierra Papa
Two Sierra Papa Whinds are light and variable  Cleared for takeoff, Runway Zero One Left Fly a Left hand pattern for touch and goes on runway Zero One Left Remain on this frequency.
~Cleared for takeoff, Runway Zero One Left Fly a Left hand pattern for touch and goes runway Zero One Left will stay with you  Cessna Two Sierra Papa

Dave,

I should have pointed out that in the above post where it display my call sign twice "Cessna 2 Sierra Papa" consecutively, "Tower Cessna Two Sierra Papa Two Sierra Papa ..." -- I did not say that.  I definitely called my call sign only once.  However, that's nonetheless not the root cause of the backed up ATC responses as once I took off the tower messages displayed my call sign correctly.

Thx ... Bob

Looks like something happened before the first call to get the "speech locking mechanism" out of sync.

When you start at the end of the runway, the first call should be to Ground anyway.  Have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option checked and then call Ground with "Ground Cessna Two Sierra Papa ready for departure runway zero one left".

Ground will give you a frequency change to Tower, and more importantly, change the state of P2A so it is waiting for a takeoff call.  Then use the calls you used and it should work.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave.

No, that's not it.  I already had "Force Pilot Runway Selection" checked.  And, among the options I'd tried earlier was contacting Ground first.

I just ran another test, exactly as you suggested above with the same results.  I made multiple calls to Ground with verbatim as you suggested, with no response.  Then I took off and before 50' off the ground out came the responses.   I have 2 snips of the P2A comms section to demonstrate it but I don't see how to add them to this post so I'll email them to you.

Bob

On 20/12/2017 at 10:51 PM, richardcrew said:

Dave, your last 64bits update has resolved every freezes and crashes i had before

i was a bit enthusiast ... sadly :(