Sign in to follow this  
Vaca

Upgrades available from PMDG?

Hi.  The PMDG web site points to this forum for customer support.

Question:  I recently dove into flight sims.  I purchased PMDG 737NGX Base Package for FSX (Steam) on October 8th, 2017, and soon realized I wanted to fly P3D v4 instead of FSX.  I deactivated my PMDG license from the 737 FMS in FSX.   Does anybody know if there is a path to "upgrade" (or exchange) my FSX license to a P3D (v4) 737 Base Package license for less cost than buying a new airplane?  I uninstalled Steam upon installation of P3D.

Many thanks!  Best, Mike

• Upvote 1

Hi,

No, the license cannot either be exchanged or upgraded.

You have to buy the PMDG's addons P3D v4 version full price in any case.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks Bud.   I should have experimented before purchasing.

I'm flying the 320X for now, but next question:  The PMDG web page shows P3D product availability, but doesn't appear to differentiate across the different versions of P3D.  Does the same aircraft software run on all versions of P3D, including 64-bit version 4?  Is a unique version 4 model under development?

Thanks again, MIke

31 minutes ago, Vaca said:

Does the same aircraft software run on all versions of P3D, including 64-bit version 4?  Is a unique version 4 model under development?

The NGX, 777 and 747 are all compatible with v4. Have a look at the individual product pages to see which versions of P3D are acceptable for each. (The requirements are under the photo gallery on each page.)

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers