Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

close to reality software

Fs2crew recreates a multi-crew environment with interactions with a FO following several real SOPs. The FO will perform their own flows depending on the phases of the flight and you will do the checklists together, and (for the voice version) the FO will be a great help in executing some commands such as entries on the MCP, flaps and gear and various other systems (anti-ice, fuel pumps, lights...). 

When flying manually, you can keep both hands on the controls and give instructions to the FO for these systems.

It's only my personnal opinion but yes I would say it is a must have and I cannot imagine flying the aircraft without it.

• Upvote 2

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Be forewarned opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.  I'm on the other side from Romain on this one, I shun anything that looks suspiciously like something you'd expect to see in a game.  There is a big difference between gaming and flight simulation is that one entertains and the other seeks realism.  I have nothing against folks that like games, I'm just not in that segment.  The cockpit sometimes an intensely complex environment, and adding a set of canned prompts and responses from an AI FO can only detract from a high fidelity simulation.  I feel the same way about AI traffic too, I prefer an empty airport that I fill with my experienced-based imagination to that of an world full of AI aircraft behaving very unnatural.  So if you like games then you will go for the products such as FS2Crew, and enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Personally, I prefer flying shared cockpit (hum pilot and human copilot), but as this feature is not available for PMDG products I'd say FS2Crew is a good way to go.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

In my opinion Multi Crew Experience provides a most flexible way to crew your 747 with a first officer of your choice.

My flows for the 747 are from the FCOM. My checklists likewise. The beauty of MCE is the fact that you may create your own flows, based upon your own skills and experience. Flown for a company in the past that uses particular flows? No problem with MCE, just add the particular flows that you want to fly with.

When it comes to crew, you have the ready recorded voices that come with the program. I prefer to use commercial tts voices, Cereproc does a wide variety of nationalities.

I will link my latest video below. Here I use my own flows in MCE, with a Cereproc female first officer.  Opinions vary as to which program is best. It's up to the simulation pilot to decide. Anyway here is my Queen in action.....

+1 for MCE and i already tried FS2crew, which is a excellent sw but MCE is way more flexible and with endless options, IMHO.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

11 hours ago, downscc said:

Be forewarned opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.  I'm on the other side from Romain on this one, I shun anything that looks suspiciously like something you'd expect to see in a game.  There is a big difference between gaming and flight simulation is that one entertains and the other seeks realism.  I have nothing against folks that like games, I'm just not in that segment.  The cockpit sometimes an intensely complex environment, and adding a set of canned prompts and responses from an AI FO can only detract from a high fidelity simulation.  I feel the same way about AI traffic too, I prefer an empty airport that I fill with my experienced-based imagination to that of an world full of AI aircraft behaving very unnatural.  So if you like games then you will go for the products such as FS2Crew, and enjoy it.

Hi, Dan! I demand realistic add on else I do not want them. My age has passed the gaming periods in my life. Thank you for your opinions!

10 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

+1 for MCE and i already tried FS2crew, which is a excellent sw but MCE is way more flexible and with endless options, IMHO.

Hi, Marques! Is it possible to use MCE in all PMDG A/C and in FSL A320X? Or is it one licence per A/C as in FS2Crew?

11 hours ago, charlie130 said:

In my opinion Multi Crew Experience provides a most flexible way to crew your 747 with a first officer of your choice.

My flows for the 747 are from the FCOM. My checklists likewise. The beauty of MCE is the fact that you may create your own flows, based upon your own skills and experience. Flown for a company in the past that uses particular flows? No problem with MCE, just add the particular flows that you want to fly with.

When it comes to crew, you have the ready recorded voices that come with the program. I prefer to use commercial tts voices, Cereproc does a wide variety of nationalities.

I will link my latest video below. Here I use my own flows in MCE, with a Cereproc female first officer.  Opinions vary as to which program is best. It's up to the simulation pilot to decide. Anyway here is my Queen in action.....

Thank´s, David!

16 minutes ago, Wenholt said:

Hi, Marques! Is it possible to use MCE in all PMDG A/C and in FSL A320X? Or is it one licence per A/C as in FS2Crew?

One licence covers everything.

ki9cAAb.jpg

1 hour ago, kevinh said:

One licence covers everything.

Also, any future aircraft that are released and supported by MCE are free of charge. You literally only pay once for a lifetime support package. Speaking of support, e mail support is with the programmer, so your straight to the top!

ATC is supported, I use good old RCv4! But PF3 IS supported also. If using Vatsim, etc, just PTT.

Regards.

5 hours ago, Wenholt said:

As kevinh answered, one license covers all, specific addon planes need to have full support to work properly, i don't know if all PMDG plane are covered, the 737 certainly is! I think the A320 from fslabs is also covered, but you have a list of the planes supported in their site and you have also a demo to try ;)

4 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Also, any future aircraft that are released and supported by MCE are free of charge. You literally only pay once for a lifetime support package. Speaking of support, e mail support is with the programmer, so your straight to the top!

ATC is supported, I use good old RCv4! But PF3 IS supported also. If using Vatsim, etc, just PTT.

Regards.

BTW you have here the master guru of MCE :) check David's youtube channel, full of good videos for any MCE enthusiast!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

As kevinh answered, one license covers all, specific addon planes need to have full support to work properly, i don't know if all PMDG plane are covered, the 737 certainly is! I think the A320 from fslabs is also covered, but you have a list of the planes supported in their site and you have also a demo to try ;)

BTW you have here the master guru of MCE :) check David's youtube channel, full of good videos for any MCE enthusiast!

Thank´s! I will take a look David's You Tube.