Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Where can AI planes hide?

I have an interesting dilemma.  In an attempt to stop AI planes from landing at DD's KBFI I deleted KBFI from MyTraffic6 scenery file.  I attempted to it shut off by turning the BGL file to off or passive.  However, I kept getting a DAT error when I started the sim which told me to delete the file.   So even though the MT6 file is gone I still have cargo planes landing at the airport one of which is placed over the top of a static plane.  How is this possible?

I am using P3Dv4.1    

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The ONLY way to make them go away is to remove all of the parking there in the airport file included with the DD scenery. They will still shoot the approach and land, but then they will disappear as there is no parking for them. I chose the opposite and removed all of the statics to let my AI populate the airport. Another option would be to ask DD to include optional airport files that won't cause AI to overlap with the statics. I'd personally like to be able to pick and choose which statics I could keep, but it's all or none (the only negative part of the Seattle Airports add-on imo).

2017-12-9_12-12-1-113.jpg

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi there, Dave gave you a suggestion which could work but I think it is important to understand what is it that you want to achieve?

You don't want any AI planes on this airport at all?

Simbol 

Are you saying that the provided AFD file includes AI parking spots that have static aircraft on top of them? Surely the developer should have avoided this??

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are you saying that the provided AFD file includes AI parking spots that have static aircraft on top of them? Surely the developer should have avoided this??

Well yest it can happen.

S.

How is it possible to still have AI traffic when the airport BGL has been shut off?  I am just curious as to how this works.  Thanks for the replies.  

29 minutes ago, kenthom said:

How is it possible to still have AI traffic when the airport BGL has been shut off?  I am just curious as to how this works.  Thanks for the replies.  

AI traffic can operate in two ways:

1) Injected via Sim Connect

2) Compiled via BGL Traffic Files (no Scenary .BGL files which is the one you deleted)

Different AI Packages will operate using mode 1 or mode 2, in any case they don't care if you have deleted the Scenary .BGL or turned it off, as far as the AI is concerned there is an airport that they need to visit or takeoff from because it says so on their flight plan.

What you did is delete the "add-on" .bgl file which will instruct PD3 to use the simulator default airport information instead, the airport still exist and therefore AI will still travel to and from it.

If you wish to stop all AI traffic towards a particular airport (I asked you this question before but you didn't answer) you need to edit the AI Flights plans to reflect that change, to edit the flight plans it depends of the AI Package you are using, refer to the user manual information of you AI package to understand how you can accomplish your objective.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I don't know a lot about ai programming and maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but won't it be possible to modify the afcad in ADE, so cargo planes go to their own spot especially made with the RAMP_CARGO parking spot, or set the radius so small at the current ai parking spots, so they can't park there?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

22 minutes ago, jlund said:

I don't know a lot about ai programming and maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but won't it be possible to modify the afcad in ADE, so cargo planes go to their own spot especially made with the RAMP_CARGO parking spot, or set the radius so small at the current ai parking spots, so they can't park there?

Yes you can do that to, but you haven't explained what do you want to do, so I cannot keep guessing...

Simbol 

I don't want to do anything :-) I don't have the scenery, just figured that might be a way to avoid the ai cargo planes to park on top of the static planes, which I understand is the thread starters problem.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

3 hours ago, kenthom said:

I assume that you are talking about the BGL files in "\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery", that have the airport ICAO in the filename, right? AFAIK, these airport related BGL files don't contain any AI flightplans. They are corrections for the default airports WRT parking spots and taxi layouts. Disabling it will do nothing with regard to the scheduling of aircraft.

In the MT6 scenery folder, only the four files named "Mytraffic*.bgl" contain actual AI flightplans. With MT6 you can either turn all traffic generated by one of these four BGLs off or on, you cannot disable parts of it.

On the other hand, this might be possible with the assorted tools that come with MT6. Maybe you can tell the flight plan generator to simply not generate any flight plans from/to your particular airport. And then there are the AI traffic limiter apps, maybe a solution lies in there. (it would be easy to write a SimConnect app that simply removes all AI around a specific airport)

Edit: check the MT6 manual "MyTraffic_X_Editor_Manual.htm". Right at the top there is a list of topics, and one of them is called "12) How can I prevent particular aircraft/airlines from going to certain airports?"

Best regards

LORBY-SI

simbol, yes, I originally did want to shut off the ai traffic to eliminate planes over lapping at this particular airport.  It is not an airport that I fly into a lot so I didn't care if there were planes flying into it.  That issue was apparently resolved by the developer.  But thank you so much for the information.  I have learned a lot from this thread.

Lorby_SI, thank you as well for your assistance and providing very good information.

I cannot say thank you enough to the knowledgeable posters on this forum.  It has made me much more informed which has helped me to make my system the best it can be.

• Upvote 1