Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Must I start P3d with a DEFAULT aircraft?

I also used to save my flights as default with payware addons but I stopped doing that after this caused me problems with an A2A plane. Took quite some time before I found out it was due to me having a default flight with that A2A plane. After creating a default flight with a default plane (the Cub in my case) all problems were over. So... better safe than sorry, I'd say. And btw you can select favorites in the plane selection screen and then you can toggle an option to ONLY show those favorite planes. This way selecting the plane I want is extremely easy: no need to scroll through the entire list. Works as a charm and problems are prevented: one day or another you WILL get a problem due to this.

Bit suprising really that you would still have to load a "default" aircraft considering there are no default aircraft in P3D anyway. They are all third party imports from Carenado, Iris, Aeroplane Heaven etc.

??

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

12 hours ago, gboz said:

Bit suprising really that you would still have to load a "default" aircraft considering there are no default aircraft in P3D anyway

I thought the same thing. But I suppose LM have "inherited" default aircraft from Microsoft FSX, e.g., Beech Baron?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

When I start the sim directly with the FSL A320 my sim simply crashes :-)

No problems with all other birds.

28 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I thought the same thing. But I suppose LM have "inherited" default aircraft from Microsoft FSX, e.g., Beech Baron?

Yes you are right there are a few labeled as created by LM, including the Baron.
I guess the other third party aircraft could have been made with very strict adherence to the P3D skd.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I switched the default aircraft in P3D v3.3 from the F22 Raptor to the standard Beechcraft B58 Baron. I seem to remember that the Raptor affected soemthing with one of my payware planes (probably the PMDG 737 NGX), so I decided to change to one of the classic models from yesteryear :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am having a problem with my A2A Cherokee and Comanche. They do not respond well to turning on the ground. It's difficult to turn them either with steering the nose wheel or using differential braking. I wondered if this could have been due to not starting P3Dv4 with a default aircraft. Because I had been starting with the PMDG DC-6. So I saved a flight with the Baron B58 as default, closed the sim then restarted. Still problems with ground steering. It's just on these two a/c. Tried a few others, e.g., Baron B58 and Carenado A36, and they are very responsive to ground steering. So I guess not starting with a default c/d was not the problem with this issue. Anyone else having this problem?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

24 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I am having a problem with my A2A Cherokee and Comanche. They do not respond well to turning on the ground. It's difficult to turn them either with steering the nose wheel or using differential braking. I wondered if this could have been due to not starting P3Dv4 with a default aircraft. Because I had been starting with the PMDG DC-6. So I saved a flight with the Baron B58 as default, closed the sim then restarted. Still problems with ground steering. It's just on these two a/c. Tried a few others, e.g., Baron B58 and Carenado A36, and they are very responsive to ground steering. So I guess not starting with a default c/d was not the problem with this issue. Anyone else having this problem?

You need to update your a2a planes for4.1 there is a patch on there forums that fixes this issue. And always start your sim with a default aircraft in the window before changing it to a A2a or any other complex aircraft.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

5 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

You need to update your a2a planes for4.1 there is a patch on there forums that fixes this issue.

Thanks. The patch fixed the problem.

I'll stay with the Baron 58 on startup.....THEN change to the plane I want to fly.  Seems the easiest and most reliable way to go.

Stan