Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

Gear Collapse on Load Scenario (P3DV4)

I am experiencing a recurring issue with saved scenarios involving the NGX that, once loaded, the aircraft gear seemingly collapses and the aircraft drops to the ground (triggering a crash) the moment it begins its panel initialization sequence.

The issue does not seem to occur the very first time I load the scenario. However, if I Reset or Reload that scenario, the aircraft will suffer a kind of gear collapse. I've tried using slew to reposition the aircraft firmly on the runway (on the off chance that there's some small accumulated error in the Z-position of the aircraft after a reload), but the moment I exit slew mode, the aircraft will sink through the tarmac until the engine nacelles collide with the earth and trigger a crash. The only way I can NOT get this to happen is to fully exit the simulator and come back in through the main menu (very slow!).

I am running P3D v4.1 and latest NGX.

Anyone else run into this?

Jason Barlow

Hi,

If you attempt to load the NGX "on top" of itself or any other non-default P3D aircraft (meaning that you don't exit the sim before loading again the NGX it usually gives bad results and there is no real fix for that.

It is never advised to reload a complex addon on top of another one without exiting P3D as well as having a complex addon by default in the launch menu and select another one on top.

P3D doesn't manage very well the transition between a complex addon and another on a same session as it preloads some systems and keeps them in memory even when exiting to the launch window.

So unfortunately, if you have already loaded a flight with a complex addon and wish to load a saved flight, the only way to make properly is to exit the sim, relaunch it and load the saved flight directly from the launch window.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Alas, I was hoping this was not the case, but good to know I haven't misconfigured something (or worse, just lost my marbles).

Thanks, Romain.

You should also deactivate the crash detection as it is a big pile of *youknowwhat*

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 12/14/2017 at 3:39 AM, JoeFackel said:

You should also deactivate the crash detection as it is a big pile of *youknowwhat*

Turning off crash detection just triggers endless vertical/lateral gyrations and "bouncing" of the plane all over the airport tarmac. A full restart of the simulator, as Romain suggests, seems to be the only viable remedy.

On 12/15/2017 at 1:03 PM, DAL1850 said:

Turning off crash detection just triggers endless vertical/lateral gyrations and "bouncing" of the plane all over the airport tarmac. A full restart of the simulator, as Romain suggests, seems to be the only viable remedy.

Change your terrain mesh setting, this can sometimes create a situation where the aircraft loads in the air and then drops.  Move the slider to the right.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 12/16/2017 at 2:36 PM, downscc said:

Change your terrain mesh setting, this can sometimes create a situation where the aircraft loads in the air and then drops.  Move the slider to the right.

Good thought. Mine is already full right, however, so that wasn't the issue in this particular instance.