Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

65% of ORBX Customers use P3D

Hi Folks,

JV just threw out an interesting tidbit on the ORBX forums - 65% of ORBX Customers use P3D - and they would know...

That's a pretty useful piece of information - IMHO...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Its will only grow.

Why would you use anything but P3Dv4+ apart from XP that some enjoy.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Which is more or less consistent with the 54% that Aerosoft has determined in their annual sim survey.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

A bit off topic but BA Virtual showed since the release of the FSL A320 50% of all flights was with it :biggrin: 

24232666_2088088184757399_76441200228308

Also this on topic.

24231789_2088088344757383_27635931118030

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Folks,

Yep - but as opposed to a survey which relies on users being active members of said forum which could skew the result - this is out of their complete customer base - seems a tad more concrete to me... I buy tons of payware - didn't take the AS Survey - yet I'm sure I'm counted in the ORBX number... Granted - they have to be ORBX customers but since I would guess they are one of the largest players in the payware industry - most people who buy payware - probably own an ORBX product or two...

It's certainly a higher number than I thought given the massive presence of FSX on Steam...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

It's certainly a higher number than I thought given the massive presence of FSX on Steam...

I would assume that the majority of users of FSX on Steam are not buying add-ons. They use vanilla FSX to play around a little bit. But for payware developers those users who actually buy add-ons are the relevant market. And it seems that based on Aerosoft's and Orbx's data this market is now >50% Prepar3d. In addition, I would assume that the per user spend on add-ons is significantly higher for Prepar3d users than for others. So it absolutly makes sense to focus on this segment of the market.

But I'm sure it won't take long for someone to jump in and claim that FS2004 still has a significant market share... LOL...

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Carlo,

Hah - I'm one of the late comers - I went straight from FS9 to P3Dv3 skipping FSX entirely... LOL - I know what it's like to feel like you're getting left behind - "sorry - we're only supporting FSX from here on out"...

Regards,
Scott

This user is still using FSX:SE and buying add-ons, just avoiding those addons that will require re-purchasing for P3D. I'll keep using FSX:SE as long as I can until I have a clearer picture of where FSW is going or until the 32-bit performance bites too hard. As far as I can see, this isn't the optimal time to be nailing expensive colours to a new platform, if it can be avoided.

• Upvote 3

Am I the only one that doesn't like when all versions of P3D get clumped together in the one category? P3Dv4 is a complete game changer as far as I'm concerned. It's like an entirely new sim, meaning that addons need to be specifically designed for it for best optimisation, and in order to work correctly.

• Upvote 4

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Nope, I think the 64 bit versions of P3D need counting separately from its previous 32 bit iterations.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

13 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Am I the only one that doesn't like when all versions of P3D get clumped together in the one category? P3Dv4 is a complete game changer as far as I'm concerned. It's like an entirely new sim, meaning that addons need to be specifically designed for it for best optimisation, and in order to work correctly.

P3Dv1 and P3Dv2 are non-existent anymore I guess... and the numbers for P3Dv3 users also seem to be in the single digits. So what you are seeing is pretty much P3Dv4. At least that's how I saw it in other polls (Aerosoft, Level D)

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Here's another poll, you can select two sims:

http://www.flusi.info/forum/index.php?thread/6564-welchen-flugsimulator-nutzt-ihr-im-herbst-winter-2017-18/

The statistics is certainly lower but it's perhaps less biased as independent on any own sales.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

59 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Nope, I think the 64 bit versions of P3D need counting separately from its previous 32 bit iterations.

Thank you. I thought it was just me haha.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

50 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

P3Dv1 and P3Dv2 are non-existent anymore I guess... and the numbers for P3Dv3 users also seem to be in the single digits. So what you are seeing is pretty much P3Dv4. At least that's how I saw it in other polls (Aerosoft, Level D)

Yeah it seems you are correct.  i suppose I was just making a general observation. Some development companies market their products as being compatible with P3D. And that's it. No further elaboration.

Anyway, first world problems and all that :laugh:

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I'd like to see a graph of highest to lowest selling ORBX sceneries...  Just to get a feel what sceneries are more popular.  Of course FTX Global is pretty much a required component to P3D, but I'd like to see how their airport sceneries fall in popularity I guess.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy