Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

P3Dv4 ac3filter64 CTD

Hello.

From time to time I had a CTD in P3Dv4. Very rarelly, but today I had 2 of them. I assumed the first time it was UT2 because everytime I loaded P3Dv4 it appeared an error in event viewer with UT2, but that error was not producing any CTD in my flights. So I uninstalled it and buyed UT2 Live, and now that UT2 server error don't appear. Good.

But had a second CTD today same flight while I was pausing for lunch. The sim was paused and was using:

1. Majestic Q400 pro

2. Orbx England (was a flight between EGHI and EGNM)

3. FSCaptain 1.8

4. Active sky p3dv4

Both CTD was while I was on fight. (ah.. I remember another one that came after changing some graphics). But in this last one I had some information from Event Viewer:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: Prepar3D.exe, versión: 4.1.7.22841, marca de tiempo: 0x59d67e95
Nombre del módulo con errores: ac3filter64.ax_unloaded, versión: 2.6.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x515f099e
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x00000000000248c0
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x1580
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d374e740ff29c4
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: F:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: ac3filter64.ax
Identificador del informe: 25cf8d14-b138-4b2b-bf02-bf3aaf1c7827
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 
Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores: 

Is in spanish.. but it is the ac3filter64.ax who points... but I have searched in google and didn't find anything. Any help?

My system is Windows10 last update 1703

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Could it be FSCaptain? Ac3filter is maybe used to play the music? But while on flight it shouldn't appear....

Need to run dxdiag as explained in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 7.  Click on the Windows key + R.  Type dxdiag.  See if there are any problems.  Cannot find anything on the Internet about it.  The file is not on my system or in the Prepar3D folder.  Sounds like it might be connected to DirectX.  Dxdiag will tell you if it is and if it is having problems.

The file is in your main P3D folder so I would rename it to ac3filter64.ax.off.  The .off extension will not allow it to be loaded.  See what it messes up. 

It does not belong to Windows 10 or Prepar3D so it is a file installed by an addon.  May not be needed.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more suggestions.  See link to guide in my signature.

You should also upgrade to Windows 10 v1709.  It is now compatible with P3D and FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply!

No errors found in dxdiag. No file ac3filter found in P3D folder... 

47 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

No file ac3filter found in P3D folder... 

Strange.  You need to open File Explorer and go to C:\ and then conduct a search for the file.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

yes, I found it in ac3filter and just put the off in it. Hope it doesn't break any other program functionability.

I suspect it has to be with FSCaptain and its reproduce of sounds. Bocking it FScaptain still continue to reproduce the sounds, but now I will open the fmc program externally to P3Dv4

Thanks!