Sign in to follow this  
brucemarten

VOR Radials Indications Missing

Flying from KMSO to KSLC in the PMDG 737-600 I flew over navaids LKT, PIH and MLD.  Only PIH had a nav course bearing indication (green arrow) and the other two did not.  Is that a Navigraph problem, or are the VOR's no longer in service?  

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require that we sign our full name on all posts.

Navigraph does not have anything to do with the scenery, and all ground based navaids are a part of the scenery..., literally baked into the scenery bgl files.  The FMS in the aircraft is the only thing using the Navigraph navdata.  You didn't indicate the frequencies you were setting for the VORs, so I cannot assume you know that the NAV radios must be manually tuned in the NGX.  If VORs were no longer in service, they would probably still be in the scenery, with for FSX dates back about a decade and does not change when you update navdata unless you tools designed to modify bgl files.

You check the scenery based VOR using the flight simulator's map.

Dan Downs KCRP

MOD NOTE: Please ensure that you create topics in the proper place. As this one is for the NGX, it should be in the NGX subforum.

This helps people understand the scope of the issue, and how to provide help. I have moved this thread from GEN to NGX.

Kyle Rodgers

I figured it was not necessarily a NGX issue so I put it in the general topics.  However, I see your point.  I did have the proper frequencies manually entered (in fact I triple checked them from different resources available to me).  To my knowledge I did everything correctly.  I wonder if the two inoperative VOR's are no longer in service.  I still flew them like waypoints though.

Bruce Marten

OK, just checked both VOR's using a non-PMDG aircraft and again in the NGX.  Both VOR's were operating this time.  I have NO clue why they didn't yesterday.  Sorry for any inconvenience in the process.  Glad it works as it should.  Bruce Marten