Sign in to follow this  
wahd

migration pmdg 737ngx fsx to fsx-se

Hi,
I buy on steam, the fsx steam edition but when I install the pmdg 737 ngx pack in the steam library and I run the game, I can not find pmdg aircraft.
thanks for the solution.

Make sure you have "All Variations" checked in the aircraft selection screen.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, wahd said:

Hi,
I buy on steam, the fsx steam edition but when I install the pmdg 737 ngx pack in the steam library and I run the game, I can not find pmdg aircraft.
thanks for the solution.

Also, full names in the forums please.

Yes, I have checked all variations aircraft. For Pmdg install, I chose fsx steam edition then I chose the path
D: SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ fsx for installation.
The pmdg file is in the fsx (navdata and SidStar). but no boeing pmdg in the Airplanes folder.

Sorry for the name in the forum, this is an error. I will try to change that.

thanks.

I think, I find the problem. The pmdg pack is for use with fsx only.

How to get the fsx:se version?

however I bought the pmdg base package for simulator fsx / fsx: se

6 hours ago, wahd said:

however I bought the pmdg base package for simulator fsx / fsx: se

Hmmmm, very peculiar. I don't have any knowledge whether or not PMDG aircraft will install in SE, but I always thought they did.

PMDG aircraft do install in FSX:SE. It's been a while since In installed one, but I think you have to choose which version of FSX in which to install the aircraft. Plus it seems there were other things that had to be done to get it to run in SE, but I can't recall right now what they were. The instructions at installation, however, cover all of that. I have no explanation for what has been described because I never had any trouble installing PMDG. If I had the situation described and followed all of the installation steps, I would open a ticket with support. 

Jim Erwin

I don't think Steam sells the PMDG 737 NGX.  Where did you buy it?

If you bought it recently from PMDG, the installer will work for FSX Steam.  If you did not buy it recently, just download the full installer from your PMDG account.

If you bought it in a box, download the latest installer from support.aerosoft.com. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2