Sign in to follow this  
knutt

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke not showing up at all

Hi!

I just did a clean install of Windows, and when I plugged Pro Rudder pedals it worked and installed the software, but when I try the same for my Pro Flight Yoke, I get no power on the joystick, but the throttle quadrant is giving a light who is connected via the Yoke.

It's not detected in Device manager, not as Unkonown device or Saitek device. I dont know whats wrong?

Knut,

I have the full throttle saitek setup and quite often have had the same problem (only with the Yoke and connected quadrant) 

To fix this I was always unplugging the USB cable...waiting for the kerplunk noise and reconnecting the cable, and again waiting for the kerplunk noise. I was doing this almost every time I connected to FS9. The final solution for me was to buy a powered USB hub (Belkin is a good brand I think) and reconnecting my trim, rudder pedals, extra quadrant and yoke. Problem was solved.

I believe another solution is to maybe purchase the optional power supply for the yoke (and connected quadrant).  I do not know if that is going to work and nor do I know how much the power supply is going to cost you. BUT it is food for thought.

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine were so I wish you luck. I do not think (in my case) it was a windows issue.

Please let us know if this works for you and bear in mind that other simmers may have other ideas or solutions. 

Regards

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have that problem sometimes when i have other usb devices puggled, for example if i have the razer orbweaver connected together with the yoke, sometimes, and its not always(weird i know) my saitek yoke its not detected, i unplug the orbweaver and it comes to live like magic. Check if you have other usb devices conflicting with your yoke!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Knut,

I have the full throttle saitek setup and quite often have had the same problem (only with the Yoke and connected quadrant) 

To fix this I was always unplugging the USB cable...waiting for the kerplunk noise and reconnecting the cable, and again waiting for the kerplunk noise. I was doing this almost every time I connected to FS9. The final solution for me was to buy a powered USB hub (Belkin is a good brand I think) and reconnecting my trim, rudder pedals, extra quadrant and yoke. Problem was solved.

I believe another solution is to maybe purchase the optional power supply for the yoke (and connected quadrant).  I do not know if that is going to work and nor do I know how much the power supply is going to cost you. BUT it is food for thought.

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine were so I wish you luck. I do not think (in my case) it was a windows issue.

Please let us know if this works for you and bear in mind that other simmers may have other ideas or solutions. 

Regards

Tony Chilcott

1+ for you! 

That make sense. I will try to buy a USB hub later today, and see. Thank you for answering and for your empathy hehe! 

The strange thing is that it worked fine before I reinstalled windows.  

7 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I have that problem sometimes when i have other usb devices puggled, for example if i have the razer orbweaver connected together with the yoke, sometimes, and its not always(weird i know) my saitek yoke its not detected, i unplug the orbweaver and it comes to live like magic. Check if you have other usb devices conflicting with your yoke!

I have a lot of USB connected. I can try to unplug all usb devices and plug only the Yoke. 

Knutt,

Ok mate, If you are using a powered hub, (connected to a ac/dc power adaptor) it does not sound like a power problem. Looking further, given that this problem follows a Windows update (how I love them) I can only suggest that it may well be a driver problem. I am assuming this because no bdy else is reporting this issue (that I know of) following the update.  

I would now go into Control Panel/device manager and uninstall (do not disable.. which is the other option) the Yoke device. Proceed to our friend Google, and find the Windows 10 Saitek yoke driver. This is available, I believe, from Logitech as well as other sources. Personally, I would opt for the Logitech version. Download...Install ... reboot and see what benefits you have derived from that.

If this does not work, please get back to us.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

11 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Knutt,

Ok mate, If you are using a powered hub, (connected to a ac/dc power adaptor) it does not sound like a power problem. Looking further, given that this problem follows a Windows update (how I love them) I can only suggest that it may well be a driver problem. I am assuming this because no bdy else is reporting this issue (that I know of) following the update.  

I would now go into Control Panel/device manager and uninstall (do not disable.. which is the other option) the Yoke device. Proceed to our friend Google, and find the Windows 10 Saitek yoke driver. This is available, I believe, from Logitech as well as other sources. Personally, I would opt for the Logitech version. Download...Install ... reboot and see what benefits you have derived from that.

If this does not work, please get back to us.

Cheers

Tony

The USB Hub I bought is not connected to power. It´s USB plugged 1 USB to 4 USB. I saw there is a power connector on the yoke, mabye I will try to buy a cable and power it up. The problem is that it is light on the throttle and nothing on the Yoke. And if I go to devices on windows, there is nothing displayed as it was nothing plugged in.