Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Kannemeyer

Cabin?

I have PMDG 777 base. When I try and enter the cabin from behind the cockpit 3d view I am outside the aeroplane and there is no cockpit. How do I go into the cockpit? If I press "S" or "A" I go out of the plane and can see the cabin through the passenger windows.

I do not have a camera package. Also how do I access the cabin doors that the manual describes?

Nicholas

1 hour ago, Nicholas Kannemeyer said:

If I press "S" or "A" I go out of the plane and can see the cabin through the passenger windows.

This is because there is a light cabin model in the external model. There is no cabin modeled in the VC, since that would ruin your performance while you were in the VC.

1 hour ago, Nicholas Kannemeyer said:

Also how do I access the cabin doors that the manual describes?

You access them as the manual describes:

MENU > FS ACTIONS > DOORS

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Right click on the main screen, then Aircraft, then one of the views. There are lots of them to chose from. 

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Hi Nicholas,

If you go to one of the wing views you can use the standard FSX positioning keys to move into the cabin.  However, as Kyle said, the cabin is implemented in a very "lite" fashion.  It is really meant to be viewed from outside at a distance, as is the cockpit version that you can also enter by moving around using the positioning keys. From outside you can even see the two pilots through the cockpit windows.   Adding a full cabin attached to the VC would have severely taxed the Sim's resources.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 16 December 2017 at 6:42 PM, Mike777 said:

Adding a full cabin attached to the VC would have severely taxed the Sim's resources.

Mike

I'm for it though - as we'd get a good chance of getting an in flight meal and drinks plus have the ability to go to the rest room.

6 hours ago, ganter said:

I'm for it though - as we'd get a good chance of getting an in flight meal and drinks plus have the ability to go to the rest room.

After the first couple of drinks, those pixellated seats won't matter a bit...

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

After the first couple of drinks, those pixellated seats won't matter a bit...

And you can go for a stroll on the wing at 35000 feet too! And you won't be bothered by the fact that your plane's pilots appear to be bobble-heads.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2