Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Substantial discount coupon for UT2 owners...

Regards,
Scott

Go grab it Scott!

I have been amazed how good this program is. Compared to UT2, I see no reduction in frame rates. The traffic depiction appears to match whats goin on in the real world. Oh and yes I see GA traffic as well. I was waiting for Traffic Global, but got so fed up with the native P3dv4 traffic..."Orbit airlines"...I pulled the trigger and love UTL!:biggrin:

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

can you elaborate please, i can GURANTEEE you it doesnt and it cant.  This live thing is a gimmick and a marketing trick.  I say this not to be rude, but so people dont fall for this "live tagline"

5 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

The traffic depiction appears to match whats goin on in the real world. 

14ppkc-6.png

Let me give you an example.

Capture.jpg

lets say theres bad weather in TBPB/BGI and UT Super Duper Live looks at the RVR and sends the ai aircraft to diversion airports.

you telling me if knows each airlines commercial and weather based alternates and the order to use them... No its doesnt .  It isnt live, it would be impossible for it to be 

On top of that it cant read nat track or pacot info, so once again its not live.  Its impossible for it to be 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

But one question...

When I had UT2 flying in the middle of the route, several times I had traffic that appeared and always came towards me, making a sensation of me beeing the honey and the IAs the fllies. 

Now in UTL seems that the planes are looked into the real world position. They won't divert or do anything real if they are in our bubble or 25nm, so I suppose that if they divert in real live, they won't in our sim, but once whe leave that bubble, that airplane that landed, will appear again in the sky until we reach it with our bubble..

If that is the way they made it, then I won't be honney any more, so every plane I cross in the sky will be more or less in the right position (some minules later) they should. Won't they?

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

I don't think charlie130 was actually saying that it's real to whats happening, but close to or similar to it, it is afterall just a snapshot in time. OK, TBPB on a Thurs at 1730. Granted the default airport only has one spot big enough for anything larger than a 767, the only heavy I have is a BAW 772. Sunday at the same time or even +/- 90 mins results in the same thing.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

can you pull schedules please 

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

I don't think charlie130 was actually saying that it's real to whats happening, but close to or similar to it, it's is afterall just a snapshot in time. OK, TBPB on a Thurs at 1730. Granted the default airport only has one spot big enough for anything larger than a 767, the only heavy I have is a BAW 772.

ok dave can you pull scheds like you could in ut2 and tell me if its a vs 747 or a vs330 doing BGI-MAN on a thursday and Sunday please 

14ppkc-6.png

Hi Folks,

The real question comes down to is what’s better at the moment ?

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

can you pull schedules please 

ok dave can you pull scheds like you could in ut2 and tell me if its a vs 747 or a vs330 doing BGI-MAN on a thursday and Sunday please 

You can't pull schedules afaik, I don't use or trust the traffic board. But it should be easy enough to find that flight at MAN.

38 minutes ago, Hopkinsstevea said:

I Just bought it and it seems to lock my computer up every five minutes or so.

The problem was Process Lasso had the UTLive.exe file priority "below normal"works now.

People get too hung up on schedules. Major airlines can change flight schedules monthly. The airline I worked for sometimes changed them multiple times in a month. What is important is to have the correct airlines operating out of the airport you are in.

• Upvote 11

NAX669.png

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

You can't pull schedules afaik, I don't use or trust the traffic board. But it should be easy enough to find that flight at MAN.

this is the Thing Dave, Im waiting for Simbol to tell us they are using summer 2016 data.  you shouldnt really find him in Manchester it only sits there 1 hour and a half,

because in the winter that aircraft goes on a LGW based 744 as below.  In the summer it goes on the a330.  Winter is peak season for BGI so hence the need for a 744 on it.

LGW-MAN -- POSITIONER

MAN-BGI-MAN

MAN-LGW POSITIONER  

dont worry Simbol will be here in a minute to give us a very simple answer. what season data are they using. simple.

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

People get too hung up on schedules. Major airlines can change flight schedules monthly. The airline I worked for sometimes changed them multiple times in a month. What is important is to have the correct airlines operating out of the airport you are in.

yes and no Mike in most airports its slot related and what you get given from the slot confereces and what you did the year before.  Monarch and the totally illegal use of giving their slots to BA its testament to that,

If for example easyJet have a320s down in Heraklion and Ibiza on a friday and saturday night, they are using 6 month old data.  simple as that.  

14ppkc-6.png

AI

43 minutes ago, tooting said:

you shouldnt really find him in Manchester it only sits there 1 hour and a half,

because in the winter that aircraft goes on a LGW based 744 as below.  In the summer it goes on the a330.  Winter is peak season for BGI so hence the need for a 744 on it.

LGW-MAN -- POSITIONER

MAN-BGI-MAN

MAN-LGW POSITIONER  

The thing is, injected AI doesn't work like that. BGL traffic can if the aircraft is written to do that. I don't even think that UTL like UT2 pays any attention to actual real fleet numbers, it injects what it needs to fill the schedules. MyTraffic is like that as well, not even close to accurate fleet numbers.  

6 month old data isn't bad in the AI world. Even the AIG stuff is essentially old the day it's released, as I've said before it's simply a snapshot from a one week period in time. If you want actual real time AI, then the PSXseecon traffic is the way to go but then you have issues with coverage and also on the ground. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tooting said:

dont worry Simbol will be here in a minute to give us a very simple answer. what season data are they using. simple.

I will ask the developer and revert back as the graphic user interface doesn't show the schedule version or season.

Simbol 

20 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

The real question comes down to is what’s better at the moment ?

Regards,

Scott

Indeed, but i think for V4 the answer is simple UTL (i dont have it also, yet:)) because theres no real option to it MT6 is the only "valid" option, i dont have it also, but it seems that puts that horrible load times and is not properly a up to date product.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync