Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

1 hour ago, Hopkinsstevea said:

I Just bought it and it seems to lock my computer up every five minutes or so.

Must be something else.  I've used it since August with no problem like that. You should join the UTL forum and post it there. They're usually quick to respond.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

My only question is why does it matter so much if they’re using summer or winter data? Does it really make THAT much of a difference to most people? It’s not like most will sit at an airport and say “hey, that aircraft going from XXXX to XXXX is supposed to be an 777, not an A330!” I’d argue most wouldn’t notice, and if they did then wouldn’t care.

Now the REAL question is does it model Antonov flights?:laugh:

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Must be something else.  I've used it since August with no problem like that. You should join the UTL forum and post it there. They're usually quick to respond.

One user reported that he had the utl program at low priority. Setting in normal solved that problem.

• Upvote 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

My only question is why does it matter so much if they’re using summer or winter data? Does it really make THAT much of a difference to most people? It’s not like most will sit at an airport and say “hey, that aircraft going from XXXX to XXXX is supposed to be an 777, not an A330!” I’d argue most wouldn’t notice, and if they did then wouldn’t care.

+1

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, tooting said:

this is the Thing Dave, Im waiting for Simbol to tell us they are using summer 2016 data.  you shouldnt really find him in Manchester it only sits there 1 hour and a half,

because in the winter that aircraft goes on a LGW based 744 as below.  In the summer it goes on the a330.  Winter is peak season for BGI so hence the need for a 744 on it.

LGW-MAN -- POSITIONER

MAN-BGI-MAN

MAN-LGW POSITIONER  

dont worry Simbol will be here in a minute to give us a very simple answer. what season data are they using. simple.

They are using mid 2017 data, per the developer.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

This. The airports I visit are all populated with all kinds of aircraft, there is traffic all around me, there is even GA at very small strips, and all that without any impact on performance, even with AI at 100% and every gate occupied. I am really extremely happy with UTL. 

Now I must say I don’t own UT2 and I only ever used MT a few years ago and that one brought performance to its knees even with AI at 25% so I don’t have much to compare with... but well, UTL gives me what I want, even a LOT more than I expected, so I am very happy. 

Also happy with UTL. Big advantage compared to MT6: The aircraft models look much better.

Just install it, set the AI percentage which fits to your PC resources and go flying.

Now I do not bean count (no pun intended) AI planes, but on all European Airports I came across so far the impression felt just right. That`s all I wanted. 

Mike 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I've been following throughout their Early Access, or what it was called, and now I installed the final. I was a satisfied customer with UT2, but like UTLive even better. I have to say, I don't care that much if a B777 goes from EGLL to JFK exactly at 09:32, but just want plausible traffic instead of void airports. As a mostly GA flyer I acknowledge the fact GA being modelled quite well.

UT2 already had the least impact of all traffic programs (yes, I did a test myself time ago) and UTL seems to be even better in this respect, at least not worse. Plus, they finally solved the issue that every time you go into the menu it restarts from point zero. Plus it's the only native payware Prepar3d4 AI program available so far.

Might be interesting to see how it will compare to Just Flight's Traffic Global (https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global, a reworked T360, if you ask me) later.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 hours ago, tooting said:

dont worry Simbol will be here in a minute to give us a very simple answer. what season data are they using. simple.

Confirmed via email from dev and Flight1 Staff:

"It is mid-2017 data, we will likely do a schedule update like we did for UTII when the time changes back."

Regards 

Simbol 

7 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

They are using mid 2017 data, per the developer.

Thanks although what does mid mean?? It's either winter, summer or shoulder season there isn't a mid season 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Confirmed via email from dev and Flight1 Staff:

"It is mid-2017 data, we will likely do a schedule update like we did for UTII when the time changes back."

Regards 

Simbol 

There is no mid season Simbol does he mean summer season? 

For example 

http://www.slotcoordination.ch/xml_1/internet/en/application/d4/f20.cfm

W1724MAR2018 End of Northern Winter Season 2017 

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

There is no mid season Simbol does he mean summer season? 

For example 

W1724MAR2018 End of Northern Winter Season 2017 

I only posted what I received by email m8.

Simbol 

Pet's gonna hate me for this, but......I still have Monarch flying on my PC :ohmy:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, simbol said:

I only posted what I received by email m8.

Simbol 

Only because this chuckie previously did us over with ut2 and my gut feeling with this ut2 live is just a rehash of ut2. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Pet's gonna hate me for this, but......I still have Monarch flying on my PC :ohmy:

And air berlin and flyniki? 

14ppkc-6.png