Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

I've actually had two CTD's since installing this program.... hmmm.

One the utlive.exe crashed and just now I had been running at 4x to get the planes moving.  I just sat on the ground at the gate and came back 20 min later and P3D was frozen.

Perfect.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've actually had two CTD's since installing this program.... hmmm.

One the utlive.exe crashed and just now I had been running at 4x to get the planes moving.  I just sat on the ground at the gate and came back 20 min later and P3D was frozen.

Perfect.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

5 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

I've let my sim running for hours and hours with UTL at 100% at fairly busy airports with no CTD's. 

Ryan, the CRJ's, ERJ's, Beech1900's  are the same hideous models from MyTraffic 6. As mentioned above, swap them out using better models and paints from AIG.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

I have a fairly extensive set of ai traffic based on AIG flightplans and freeware aircraft.  I’m tempted to get this though to cover off the more obscure airlines/airports/countries that I visit less often and as such haven’t put the time into AI for those regions.  Looks like it would be pretty easy to sub in my FAIB and FSP ai fleets too.

And hey, I’ve got 30 days to refund if I don’t like it so what’s to lose.

I think this will be a fairly short lived experiment for me.  Once I got into it and started to look at what airlines required updated liveries, or had no repaints at all, I'll end up spending way too much time to get it where I want (or close to my current AI setup).

I can definitely see this being a good product though for anyone who is starting from scratch or coming from MT6...just not for someone who has already invested a ton of time and has a fairly robust AI setup.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

This has no impact on what traffic is displayed in the sim. There is no need to run anything in the GUI before firing up your sim, it's a totally different process that starts when the sim is launched.

Look as if you are right. The "Start Simulation" button apparently starts simulating the "behind the scene" flight movements on the map, but not the actual traffic in the simulator.

After doing some further tests, I think I will stick with MyTraffic for the time being. It turns out that the performance drop at huge airports is too big. I started at KORD in a situation where almost all gates were occupied, and the FPS was initially 12, but climbed to 16 a little bit later. The traffic toolbox showed 400 airplanes processed (at 75% IFR-setting and 100% GA-setting). One reason for the low FPS is that the airplanes use jetways, and according to the information in the UT-forum, there is no way to disable them. With MyTraffic 5.4b, I get 24 fps in a similar situation with 377 airplanes processed. This is too much of a difference to ignore. On a fair note, I have been using low quality airplane models in MT5 (the old version allowed you to change between low- and high quality models, while MT6 only uses high-quality). They may look horrible for today's standards, but for me, performance is more important. And honestly, most times we see AI-traffic from a huge distance, where the bad quality is not as noticeable. In addition, I have found that UTL has very little GA-traffic at small airfields even at 100% GA traffic setting, while MT5 has more of it at 50%. It might be hard to get used back to the longer start-up time, but in return, MT5 has military traffic, while UTL doesn't (as someone has stated before).

It's nice that Flight1 offers refunds...

You can use the UTL settings to set the FPS you want to have on your sim in accordance with your current hardware needs, my PCs is not high spec and I am able to run UTL with 75% traffic and receive up to 75FPS with the dashQ and 30-40 FPS with the PMGD 737NGX.

Best Regards,
Simbol

This add-on looks like out dated garbage to me. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I like posts like this. So constructive! Really encourages developers to put their heart  and soul into their work. Thanks for your contribution Ron.

• Upvote 10

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

49 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’ll continue to enjoy UTL until fakeflyer produces new uptodate non garbage AI software.

Thanks, thanks for letting us know your thoughts.... NOT

• Upvote 3

FWIW, I've had this since the beta and have updated to the release. I have had no ctd's with either. It works as expected with no issues.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 15/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, mwilk said:

I just look a quick look at O'Hare and I while a saw a lot of the new United livery there was still a few aircraft painted in the "tulip" livery. So no, they haven't updated everything which is disappointing.

All they have done is bought new schedule data from summer 2017 and made the gui look a bit different from ut2.  They have fixed the no traffic over water issue and the reseting of traffic when you use the menu.  Thats it.  Dont be fooled with the `live' tag line it's a gimmick.  Also be aware that the developer did a runner with ut2 narked alot of people off in the (so he won't show his face here)  and all he  has done is just rehashed ut2 with a snazzy 'live' tagline and fixed a couple of issues. He's even been absent from his own products forum again like he did with ut2. 

14ppkc-6.png

36 minutes ago, tooting said:

All they have done is bought new schedule data from summer 2017 and made the gui look a bit different from ut2.  They have fixed the no traffic over water issue and the reseting of traffic when you use the menu.  Thats it.  Dont be fooled with the `live' tag line it's a gimmick.  Also be aware that the developer did a runner with ut2 narked alot of people off in the (so he won't show his face here)  and all he  has done is just rehashed ut2 with a snazzy 'live' tagline and fixed a couple of issues. He's even been absent from his own products forum again like he did with ut2. 

And that's why UT2 owners get a discount. Would you really expect MT7, should it ever appear, and Traffic Global to go another route with a new product from the ground up using completely new planes, liveries, AFCADs for the bgl-based programs etc? 

Plus he made it Prepar3d compliant. And yes, UT2 could be installed into Prepar3d and I did it, but no, not anyone likes hacks like this one and you may or may not recall several threads of people who were not able to get it properly running.

My only serious complaint would be the programmer disappeared into the blue air for years leaving it to the good F1 people to support UT2. That was inacceptable indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11