Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

18 hours ago, tooting said:

All they have done is bought new schedule data from summer 2017 and made the gui look a bit different from ut2.  They have fixed the no traffic over water issue and the reseting of traffic when you use the menu.  Thats it.  Dont be fooled with the `live' tag line it's a gimmick.  Also be aware that the developer did a runner with ut2 narked alot of people off in the (so he won't show his face here)  and all he  has done is just rehashed ut2 with a snazzy 'live' tagline and fixed a couple of issues. He's even been absent from his own products forum again like he did with ut2. 

Tooting,

I am sorry you are not happy with the product and there was a lot more done with the project then what you have stated.  If you followed the beta cycle you would have seen several things have been improved and rewritten since UT2.  The traffic over the water issue has been fixed as well as the resetting the traffic.  Please do your research before posting false facts and read up on the product on what the 'Live' aspect is all about. 

If you have additional questions or something you don't understand with the product, please let me know and I will try to explain it to you as best as possible.

Based on your posts you seem to not be happy with the product. Perhaps its not for you then. As always, if you are not happy with the product, you can get a refund if you purchased it within the last 30 days. 

Thanks!

Jeff Smith
Flight One Software 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The thing is with this is that most users still have just the default airports and this is what UTL is catering to. For the more advanced sim user the powerpack is being worked on and will become available at some point in the near future (people often forget that the UT2 powerpack didn't come with the original product, it was 3-6 months or more after release). 

Yes, that I understand. The point I am trying to make is that the product is being advertised as "up to date" and that is a contradiction if it is using out of date info. The point I'm making is the powerpack should be available for those with "out of date" default airports. I purchased the product assuming it was using proper routes and schedules. And this simply cannot be the case if it is relying on default airports. I'm not knocking the product, I do get limited aircraft, but the advertising is contradictory and misleading.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Going to pick it up later . Guess MT6 can easliy be disabled via scenery.cfg?

I forgot all about the traffic Limiter option in FSUIPC after switching from V3.4 to V4. Is this now possible to configure inside P3Dv4 or still using the fsuipc.ini ? What is your settings with UTL?

One thing that i havent read in here is anything about the sounds .

I love those immersion engine sounds and I have Traffic3D Sounds installed with MT6 modified for P3Dv4.1. Better than default for sure.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

32 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There's a version of Traffic 3D Sounds for UTL.

Indeed. I've been using Traffic 3D sounds for P3D3 where installation was a bit tricky. Now, there's a new version for P3D4 which works well with UTLive, installs easily and certainly is an enhancement over the native sounds.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

48 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There's a version of Traffic 3D Sounds for UTL.

Thanks  did not see it :biggrin:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

As discussed earlier in this thread from my own struggle to get UTL working - FSUIPC Traffic Limiter must be set to off or "0" or the UTL traffic will never move... UTL has its own traffic limiter function built in...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Performance is entirely related to whether one takes advantage of a traffic limiter. UTL has one built in

I'm not sure that the frame rate target limiter works, though. It didn't seem to do anything for me. With a fairly high slider setting for traffic (same as I used to have in P3D for MT6), a target rate of 20 fps did not seem to help reduce traffic enough at EGLL to get my frame rate above 15! There were 300-400 AI aircraft!

With MT6 I normally have to use the FSUIPC limiter to get that down to less than 100 (80 is what I set) to maintain around 20 fps at EGLL. (I use the Aerosoft one, which is a bit better performaing for me than the UK2000 one, which otherwise I'd prefer).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I used MT and had limited traffic to 100, I see I can do just the same within UTL.

How? Is that the number to spawn figure? Perhaps I should try that.

I was hoping the frame rate target one would do its job. With the FSUIPC frame rate limit, if the achieved frame rate is higher than the limit set then the AI number limit is ignored. That's what I would like to happen with UTL.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

How? Is that the number to spawn figure? Perhaps I should try that.

I was hoping the frame rate target one would do its job. With the FSUIPC frame rate limit, if the achieved frame rate is higher than the limit set then the AI number limit is ignored. That's what I would like to happen with UTL.

Pete

Pete I don't have UTL but there is on option on the number of aircraft that spawn the default seems to be 300.

You can set a FPS limit, a height to see ground traffic, a range on the ground and the number of AI's total.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

And to give you another example, I could be wrong but I think  the easyjet flights are mixed together mainline on the Austrian aoc and Swiss on the Swiss aoc.  So assigning Topswiss callsigns to the Swiss flights is impossible.

And also they only have one generic  320 and not the regular 180 sear, and the new ones with what 186 seats or something? Finally Also the wetleased smartlynx 320s is missing. But I could be wrong. 

I'm about to upload the correct winter and next summers easyjet schedules to the library, but guess what without a powerpack they are useless to UT live.  

14ppkc-6.png

Pete given your job, I totally understand your very keen eye and your professionalism on this. I respect that.

But frankly I dont care , personally I just want some AI to bring my airports alive. I've never even look at them that closely.

I simply want to know it will not CDT and what the FPS hit is at around 70% and AI limited to 100 aircraft. Lets say EGLL with and with out UTL, no weather=clear skies.

But as far as the 320 not having the 180 seat. ....well am not at that leave and don't need that level to enjoy it. MT6 was fine for me.

Each to there own.:biggrin: 

Like I said I respect your knowledge but for some its "just" AI adding to the airport being alive.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There are people who see "the glass" as half-full, those who see it as half-empty and then there are those who see nothing in the glass. That must be a dry and thirsty life.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, tooting said:

And also they only have one generic  320 and not the regular 180 sear, and the new ones with what 186 seats or something? Finally Also the wetleased smartlynx 320s is missing. But I could be wrong. 

I'm about to upload the correct winter and next summers easyjet schedules to the library, but guess what without a powerpack they are useless to UT live.  

So you assign some 186 seat and SmartLynx A320's to the fleet if it means that much to you. 

Plans made with UT2 seem to work fine in UTL as there is already a FedEx and UPS package released for UTL here in the library (the same one that was made for UT2) . You add the xml plan file into your AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\utLive\Schedules and then activate it within UTL. You still need paints to be assigned but it does work.

Pete, why you don't skip UTL and just use bgl traffic where you have accurate fleet numbers, accurate aircraft assignments, you can choose the altitudes if you want. The only downside is the direct routings, but if you've seen some of the routes assigned in UT2/UTL you would see that they are rarely any better than direct.

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Personally, as long as the correct airline, livery, and aircraft type arrive around the correct time I will be pleased and it is not important to me if the aircraft model has the exact length, engine type, and number of seats. However I do respect Pete's knowledge in this area and appreciate him pointing out the shortcomings and comparisons to UT2.  There has been a large increase in the amount of hype in the marketing of simulator addons lately and it is sometimes hard to figure out what is actually being sold. So don't be so critical of Pete as I think he is doing us all a favor and service.

I am still using MT6 and will probably continue to do so until UTL is further along with updated schedules, liveries, AI Bridge, and Power Pack. I normally would have purchased UTL already to support development efforts but due to the history of the developer abandoning his customers I am holding off until the product is more complete.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4