Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

You can download the offical release from Flight 1 web site according tp their forums. Download was good, no problems with the installation and no errors

when I loaded it to P3D ver 4. Lots of traffic on ground and in the air. Seems they have finally got it working right.

Nelson

This can't be used while flying online correct? Sometimes.Vatsim is Deadsim traffic-wise

Eric 

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This can't be used while flying online correct? Sometimes.Vatsim is Deadsim traffic-wise

Correct, but Vpilot will use the models to match online traffic.

S

It still shows traffic while online, but you can also adjust the amount or turn it off while flying

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Anyone know if it can be installed and run from a different PC over a network?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So I am using MT6 any reason to switch?  Does it work well with PROATX?

Thanks

Darcy

Hi Folks,

Substantial discount coupon for UT2 owners...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Any GA models ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Yes

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

12 minutes ago, DaveS said:

A couple of questions

I notice in the pic on their site the old United livery. Are there a lot of old liveries?

Is it easy to switch out for more current ones?

How up to date are the fleets/schedules?

Are Fedex and UPS included?

Thank you

I just look a quick look at O'Hare and I while a saw a lot of the new United livery there was still a few aircraft painted in the "tulip" livery. So no, they haven't updated everything which is disappointing.

NAX669.png

19 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I notice in the pic on their site the old United livery. Are there a lot of old liveries?

Is it easy to switch out for more current ones?

How up to date are the fleets/schedules?

Are Fedex and UPS included?

Thank you

1. Yeah there a quite a few old liveries around. For some airlines it has both, new and old ones, and the control panel allows to set the % of appearance between the liveries. Some airlines have old liveries only, which is hopefully going to be updated soon (or you can do it yourself, see 2.)

2. Its quite a simple process of a few clicks. Only problem is to find a repaint for the model used by UTL (most are 'The Fruit Stand' models). You may have to replace the UTL model with another AI model if you cant find a repaint for it.

3. I dont think it uses 2017 schedules, afaik they are all based on 2016, but I might be wrong here. But there are some airlines with incomplete schedules, even major airlines

4. Nope, unless they added both with the release version. But some good soul has created FDX and UPS schedules for UTL, available here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3daifp&DLID=202315

As some models are missing in UTL you will have to download and install some freeware stuff, its all explained in the included manual. Its definitely worth all the hassle, both KMEM and KSDF suddenly weren't abandoned places anymore  :)

What a disappointment to still see all these outdated liveries. Beside the eye-catching United tulip livery, for example German airports are full of Germanwings aircraft - in the livery that was current before 2013.

You can add and replace the liveries in UTL yourself but everyone should be aware that this time-consuming work seems to be up to every single user himself.

Edt: Nevertheless they announced that they want to release additional livery packs for free in the future.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

What a disappointment to still see all these outdated liveries. Beside the eye-catching United tulip livery, for example German airports are full of Germanwings aircraft - in the livery that was current before 2013.

You can add and replace the liveries in UTL yourself but everyone should be aware that this time-consuming work seems to be up to every single user himself.

Absolutely agree! Its OK for beta/early access but you would expect all liveries to be up to date for the release. Looks to me like it was rushed to grab some christmas sales...

• Upvote 2

Looks like they gave up on trying to make a worthy successor to UT2 and shoved it out of early access. Is it even any different from the last early access build?