nels161

UTL offically released

You can download the offical release from Flight 1 web site according tp their forums. Download was good, no problems with the installation and no errors

when I loaded it to P3D ver 4. Lots of traffic on ground and in the air. Seems they have finally got it working right.

Nelson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This can't be used while flying online correct? Sometimes.Vatsim is Deadsim traffic-wise

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This can't be used while flying online correct? Sometimes.Vatsim is Deadsim traffic-wise

Correct, but Vpilot will use the models to match online traffic.

S

It still shows traffic while online, but you can also adjust the amount or turn it off while flying

Anyone know if it can be installed and run from a different PC over a network?

So I am using MT6 any reason to switch?  Does it work well with PROATX?

Thanks

Darcy

Hi Folks,

Substantial discount coupon for UT2 owners...

Regards,
Scott

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Any GA models ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Yes

A couple of questions

I notice in the pic on their site the old United livery. Are there a lot of old liveries?

Is it easy to switch out for more current ones?

How up to date are the fleets/schedules?

Are Fedex and UPS included?

Thank you

12 minutes ago, DaveS said:

A couple of questions

I notice in the pic on their site the old United livery. Are there a lot of old liveries?

Thank you

I just look a quick look at O'Hare and I while a saw a lot of the new United livery there was still a few aircraft painted in the "tulip" livery. So no, they haven't updated everything which is disappointing.

19 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Thank you

1. Yeah there a quite a few old liveries around. For some airlines it has both, new and old ones, and the control panel allows to set the % of appearance between the liveries. Some airlines have old liveries only, which is hopefully going to be updated soon (or you can do it yourself, see 2.)

2. Its quite a simple process of a few clicks. Only problem is to find a repaint for the model used by UTL (most are 'The Fruit Stand' models). You may have to replace the UTL model with another AI model if you cant find a repaint for it.

3. I dont think it uses 2017 schedules, afaik they are all based on 2016, but I might be wrong here. But there are some airlines with incomplete schedules, even major airlines

4. Nope, unless they added both with the release version. But some good soul has created FDX and UPS schedules for UTL, available here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3daifp&DLID=202315

As some models are missing in UTL you will have to download and install some freeware stuff, its all explained in the included manual. Its definitely worth all the hassle, both KMEM and KSDF suddenly weren't abandoned places anymore  :)

What a disappointment to still see all these outdated liveries. Beside the eye-catching United tulip livery, for example German airports are full of Germanwings aircraft - in the livery that was current before 2013.

You can add and replace the liveries in UTL yourself but everyone should be aware that this time-consuming work seems to be up to every single user himself.

Edt: Nevertheless they announced that they want to release additional livery packs for free in the future.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

What a disappointment to still see all these outdated liveries. Beside the eye-catching United tulip livery, for example German airports are full of Germanwings aircraft - in the livery that was current before 2013.

You can add and replace the liveries in UTL yourself but everyone should be aware that this time-consuming work seems to be up to every single user himself.

Absolutely agree! Its OK for beta/early access but you would expect all liveries to be up to date for the release. Looks to me like it was rushed to grab some christmas sales...

• Upvote 2

Looks like they gave up on trying to make a worthy successor to UT2 and shoved it out of early access. Is it even any different from the last early access build?

15 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Is it even any different from the last early access build?

Nope, same version as 0.30...

Little dispite today, buying before pre-released soft, as I do, with UT2.... worth it ?

Impression to buy twice... 

I am sticking with UT2. Don't care about UI. It's the planes that matter. UT2 planes/liveries do not sound much different to the UT live 

I’m currently using AIG BGL files for AI traffic because of a few reasons like flight levels.

Any news on how well UTL fly east or west at RVSM levels. 

And if UTL traffic is now flying RVSM levels (fixed) do the levels change with different aircraft types or are they all flying west at FL340 and or east at FL350. 

Thx

10 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I’m currently using AIG BGL files for AI traffic because of a few reasons like flight levels.

Any news on how well UTL fly east or west at RVSM levels. 

And if UTL traffic is now flying RVSM levels (fixed) do the levels change with different aircraft types or are they all flying west at FL340 and or east at FL350. 

Thx

During our beta tests that request was resolved and completed.

Regards 

Simbol 

3 hours ago, Darcy said:

So I am using MT6 any reason to switch?  Does it work well with PROATX?

Thanks

Darcy

Darcy--UTL traffic is not comprised of .bgl files as is MT6, rather it injects traffic from its own engine.  The MT6 traffic has more of a negative impact on framerates because of the .bgl files it uses.  I was both an MT6 user and a beta tester of UTL.  For the same level of traffic, UTL will give you much better framerates than MT6.  The quality of the UTL aircraft models is also better than MT6. 

I don't use PROATX so I can't speak to that question.

Jay

• Upvote 2

Great thanks for the info Jay.

Anyone else know if PROATX recognizes aircraft in UTL like it does in MT6

Darcy

BGL traffic doesn't have any negative impact on frames rates in the slightest compared to injected traffic. Performance comes down to the number or aircraft nearby within your bubble as well as if the models and paints are optimized for the particular sim. On that same note, the models and paints in MyTraffic 6 are hideous in comparison to the majority of those used in UTL.

• Upvote 1

darcy

UTL works correctly / better than UT2 in PATC ...... UT2 users always had trouble with correct callsign data in any atc program. the problem though remains that PATC does not necessarily have the sound file for "lesser" known airlines.

for those preferring compatible & updated liveries, there many available from FSP, FAIB & TFS for both boeing & airbus for most airlines .... & which you can add / overwrite into UTL.