Sign in to follow this  
JumboJet

Return my CV1 for Pimax ?

Hello !

It's been two days that I have my CV1 and I use it with Flyinside, the resolution is a problem in the PMDG 747, do you think it's a good decision to take a Pimax and return my CV1?

Thanks!

Assuming you are talking about the upcomming Pimax 8K (and not the existing Pimax 4K) then it is kinda hardto advise.

The final version of the 8K hasn't been shown yet, so although it has the potential to be good no-one can say for sure how good it will be.

Also there isn't a definitive date for release yet

It will also be at least double the cost of a rift (if you don't already own a vive).

So basically what you are asking is, should you return the rift and wait an unspecified amount of time for a product yet to be seen and tested in the final form for twice the price.

I have a Pimax 4K but have yet to get it to work with Flyinside or the native P3D VR (any advice would be welcome) it does, however, work like a dream with Elite D, DCS and IL2 BOS and even my 4K has to be seen to be believed vis a vi res and clarity.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 hours ago, JumboJet said:

Hello !

It's been two days that I have my CV1 and I use it with Flyinside, the resolution is a problem in the PMDG 747, do you think it's a good decision to take a Pimax and return my CV1?

Thanks!

Have you tried native VR, yet?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I have a Pimax 4K but have yet to get it to work with Flyinside or the native P3D VR (any advice would be welcome) it does, however, work like a dream with Elite D, DCS and IL2 BOS and even my 4K has to be seen to be believed vis a vi res and clarity.

Easy install for the Pimax 4K, download steam VR for the Vive and also install the latest Piplay software.

Native P3D VR provides the best vision quality although you’ll need to throttle back some of the performance slides depending on your system.

Flyinside has many great features but sadly the vision quality (resolution) even at higher than default settings is unusable in my book because native VR is sooo much better. 

The clear resolution of native P3D VR out weighs the features of Flyinside IMHO.

IM

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

What errors do you get in Flyinside or the native P3D VR? im curious to have some feedback on that baby in P3D!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

How to use the native P3D v4 vr ? Because when I start the Oculus software and then P3D without Flyinside it doesn't appear in my Oculus.

EDIT : To use the native vr it's just in the menu at the top of the screen... This much better but the Oculus resolution still there... I think I should wait for the Pimax 8K.

I would keep the Oculus, at least until the new Pimax is out and reviewed. I believe the Rift has better compatibility overall. With the incoming XP Native VR, for example, the Oculus Touch controllers should the possibility to perform walkarounds and interact with the aircraft and its switches.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

..anybody experienced PIMAX 4K with X-Plane 11 & Flyinside ???

Cheers