Sign in to follow this  
newmind

Old Database Compatibility

Hi, i'm trying to use the P2ABASEData.mdf that i've modified until version 2.3.1.2 but i receive an error and the database don't load. Is the old database compatible with the current version (2.4.0.1)? I've built lots of airports and i don't want lost them. I'm using airac navigraph version 1713.

The error is "Unable to initialize database. The underlying provider failed on open. Cannot open database:P2Abasedata.mdf path requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user.

In addition to copying the P2ABaseData.mdf file to the data folder, you must delete the P2ABaseData_log.ldf file that is in the new Data folder.  That will get rebuilt by SQL when you open P2A the first time.