Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

Any UK Flyers?

Hi,

I am running the trial version of P2ATC. I appreciate Dave is very busy with the new release etc. so I thought I would put this question on the forum maybe to get the experience of anyone who has used this programme for UK Flying.

I find the programme is great getting from the gate at the departure airport right to the transition point on the approach-- this is where, very often in UK airspace, a hook back or holding pattern is arrived at. I know that if the airport is busy a hold would  indeed be  instructed by ATC but it seems simply wrong to fly a "loop" in the approach when that is not necessary.

Without ATC one can just remove the looping waypoints and continue the approach via LNAV--can P2ATC handle this?

I know I can, at that point, simply ask for vectors to the ils approach, but that then replaces the FMC controlled, curving, approach. 

What is the correct procedure - I believe in "Real World"  ATC would get involved before these "loops" become a factor.

Try the TWEED 2C Star into ILS24 at EGPH 

• Upvote 1

Not got this program but you are correct UK airspace we use stacks during peak times or issues at the airport requiring us to hold arrivals.

Scottish airspace I'm more familiar with does this with Edinburgh as you're aware with the Tweed arrivals, the Scottish Talla controller who controls FL250 and below would coordinate with EDI radar and you'd be cleared direct tweed and then thrown off on a radar vector and passed to Edinburgh radar for approach vectoring.

Same happens with arrivals into Glasgow abeam Lanak - similar across rest of the UK too.

Looking forward to hear how developers tackle this. :) 

Thank you very much for that clarification. I will try a different setting today and report back if I have improved the issue.

Flew the TWEED2B STAR twice today and both times I was handed of to Approach before the loop back-- so I removed the loop back points from the FMC and continued the approach. All went great.