Sign in to follow this  
mog

DM BAC 1-11

Sorry, I never could follow you what you've installed and how you've installed it.

The 1-11 installation should have gone like this:

- Download Dave's aircraft basepacks and his sound package, extract each to a temporary folder, then move each "BAC 1-11 ..." folder and the "DMFS Shared Files" folder into SimObjects\Airplanes

- Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg in each "BAC 1-11 ..." folder

- Download my upgrade, extract to a temporary folder and then follow the instructions in the readme.

Each model file contains attachpoints for lights that call nothing but default effects. So it's nothing that went wrong on my end. Try to press "L" to force all lights on and see of they show up (switch on the battery beforehand).

Running FSX in DX10 requires converting effects files (since unconverted ones do not show up), either by downloading fixed default effects or, if installed, by letting Steve's DX10 Controller handle the conversion.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Bjoern,

OK, the download was...create folder on desktop marked Aircraft,  create within that folder three folders marked BAC 1-11 A/C, BAC1-11 Sound and BAC 1-11 Panel. I only wanted the series 500, then I downloaded the Zip file 111_500_20_080120 into the BAC1-11 A/C folder, then  downloaded the Zip File 111_SOUND_20061001 into the BAC 1-11 Sound folder and finally downloaded the Zip file 111_ PANEL_20061031 into the BAC1-11 Panel folder.

I extracted the zip files in their respective folders and then following the instructions on DM's website disseminated the various folders  ( Effects, Texture, BAC 1-11 500, BAC 1-11 Hush-Kits and DFMS to their respective places.

This now brings me to the point when I opened this thread, whilst the A/C appeared in the menu and opened OK lots of thing weren't working e.g. APU run, sounds etc. in the end I downloaded and installed your update and yes it works and I thank you for it but I can't get the lights to work, I tried using L to get the lights on as you suggested, but only the cockpit lights came on, I started both engines and ensured both generators were on line and then switched on the exterior lights, only the anti-collision light works, no navigation lights no wing lights no undercarriage bay lights, oddly enough I switched to windowed mode and just for a second I thought I saw the nav light come on, but it was only for a second,  once the window was established as it were the nav light was out.

I am not running in DX10 preview as it screws up the best A/C in the world, the Leonardo House MD 80.

I hope this brings a little clarity?

mog

I'm still confused.

Do the lights on any of the default aircraft work?

If not, the associated effects are missing.

All the cockpit lights work on all the A/C I have, i.e. the 500 series, only the anti collision light works on the exterior, no Nav. light, no U/C bay light, no wing lights, this is true on all of the aircraft, as I said though, if I change to windowed view, (Alt + Enter) the Nav lights flash on momentarily, and the same thing happens when I change back.

Does that help?

mog  

The only thing that has some degree of influence over the lights is the cold start logic, which resets them if on. Other than that, the logic is no different to the default aircraft, i.e. no power -> no lights.

Curiouser and curiouser, I always start in cold and dark where possible, that way (hopefully) nothing gets forgotten (yeah right!), so after switching on the battery, doing the fire check, starting the APU, the next thing would be switch on the Nav. lights, to indicate that the A/C has been powered up, ( OK at night sometimes if the A/C is on Ground power the lights would be on as well ), it was considered at Gatwick that the lights should be on all the time at night, after a catering truck drove into the wing tip (ouch!), but then they found the driver had been sampling the booze trolley and decided that it wasn't necessary!

The odd part of this is the momentary flash when the window is changed, weird!

Thanks for your help nonetheless Bjoern.

mog

Nav lights on when on electrical power (battery/APU/GPU) on the ramp is what I know, but I figure it all depends depends on company regulations.

By the way, this is the visibility code for the lights from the model file:

<Code>(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE, volts) 5 &gt; (A:LIGHT NAV,bool) and</Code>

As you can see, you'll need at least 5 volts on the main bus (fed by the battery or generators) and the nav light switch needs to be on.

Other voltages: Strobes >7V; Landing >15V; Taxi >10V; Runway turnoff >8V.

Hi again Bjoern,

That's another odd thing, the anti collision, turn off, taxi and Landing lights all work as advertised, strobes? are they fitted?. Thanks for the info on the model file, I don't know how to look at that, is it notebook same as the .cfg file?

mog.

Edited by mog
incorrect description, strobes/anti collision

No, model files require ModelConverter X to be looked at.

Strobes are a retrofit I've done because I figure they'd be mandatory by now.

OK so best I leave them alone, sounds a bit technical.

Yes strobes probably are, but are there any 1-11s still flying?

I'm wondering if the fault I'm experiencing is caused by the fact that my "default" aircraft logging into FSX is set to cold and dark, maybe this is inhibiting the 1-11 when I load it?

mog 

No. As I've said before: Electricity + switch state -> light on or off.

One other thing you can check is the [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg.

I think the last 1-11 went for the boneyard in 2008 or so.

Well my quest for nav. lights caused an odd failure, none of my A/C had them! yes! all of the A/C in my FSX lost their nav. lights, so I've had to delete my existing FSX and replace it with a back up that I had on a flash card, it also meant that I deleted DMs 1-11 completely, I've got FSX working again with nav. lights but my Maddog and Captain Sim A/C are showing registration problems, so I'll probably have to reinstall them separately. Oh Joy unbounded!!!

Thanks for all your help Bjoern, I may try to put DM's A/C on again in the future, I did do a lot of work on them in the RW so they should be represented in my sim, but not for a while!

mog

What you probably were missing were textures for the nav lights in your FSX/Effects/Texture folder.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 hours ago, mog said:

Well my quest for nav. lights caused an odd failure, none of my A/C had them! yes! all of the A/C in my FSX lost their nav. lights, so I've had to delete my existing FSX and replace it with a back up that I had on a flash card, it also meant that I deleted DMs 1-11 completely, I've got FSX working again with nav. lights but my Maddog and Captain Sim A/C are showing registration problems, so I'll probably have to reinstall them separately. Oh Joy unbounded!!!

Thanks for all your help Bjoern, I may try to put DM's A/C on again in the future, I did do a lot of work on them in the RW so they should be represented in my sim, but not for a while!

Understandable and fair enough. Good luck getting everything up and running again,

Thanks Gents, I've now reinstalled Maddog but there is still a problem, every time I want to use the Manager & Setup utility I have to re register! I've put a thread on the Maddog site here in Avsim, there is little or no point in putting anything on Leonardos site, they never respond, that and the fact that their website is down for repair and has been for some time, it'll probably reappear when they want to sell their MaddogX!

mog