Sign in to follow this  
mog

DM BAC 1-11

Hi All,

I have recently downloaded onto FSX David Maltby's excellent BAC 1-11, the only problem is it only partially works. I get the A/C at the airport of my choice but there are no sounds, ok not quite true I get the U/C warning beep, but precious little else. I have reinstalled it twice now, following the guide on DM's website but to no avail. The Daft thing is I also downloaded it to my copy of FS9 and it all seems to be ok there. I'm running this on win7.

Any ideas people?

mog 

• Upvote 1

Thought that was FS2004 only? Could be wrong though.

Not specifically related to the DM 1-11, but on the subject of an FSX BAC 1-11, it's worth noting that the FSX/P3D Just Flight BAC 1-11 is about to get its long-awaited revised and tweaked FDE patch (supposedly in about a week or so according to a post on the JF forums yesterday), so if you were holding off on getting that one because of the slightly iffy handling of the 500 variant, then the issue may be about to be resolved.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It does work in FSX but I think the APU was a bit squiffy 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I don't recall where I found it, but there is an FSX patch for the DM 111 that makes it work flawlessly and even better then the Justflight version.

Patch is by Bjoern Kesten, available here

I really like Dave Maltby's models, particularly his Trident.  Pity his VC-10 never got a virtual cockpit.

It will work fine in FSX even without Bjoern's awesome mods package.   There are some things that need to be edited because the folder structure is different between FSX/FS9.   Can't remember exactly what, but I'm pretty sure the sounds problem requires an edit to the  DM_1-11_sound file in the panel folder. 

David Norman Paul

6 hours ago, lzamm said:

Patch is by Bjoern Kesten, available here

I really like Dave Maltby's models, particularly his Trident.  Pity his VC-10 never got a virtual cockpit.

The Trident is one of my favorites, too.   I was lucky to get to fly on the real thing when I was a child.  It was the aircraft you usually got on the "shuttle" between EGLL and EGPF.  I even flew as an unaccompanied minor on the Trident when I was 10 years old!

**EDIT**  Haha, I just remembered that we talked about all this in PMs a few years ago!

David Norman Paul

Note that the FSX update requires an installation of the FS2004 1-11 aircraft packages to work. You won't need all packs, just the base pack for the sounds and whatever aircraft pack you want/need for the textures.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

OK Gents thanks very much, I have downloaded the update but until I can get the basic A/C working in FSX I was Hanging back. I've done all the tweaks suggested in DM's website to the sound folders etc. but still no luck, there was a suggestion that each Texture folder should have a texture.cfg. file in it so I created one matching the one I found on CBFS.com but that didn't work either. It's most odd all the textures are there but the thing won't work, the apu won't start, and there are no outside sounds either, it must be something to do with the sound files but I'm hanged if I can find it.

mog

I downloaded and installed this aircraft.  The apu starts and runs sounding like a jet engine. Sounds good both inside and outside the aircraft.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

The apu starts and runs sounding like a jet engine.

That's because it's defined as a (third) jet engine in the FS9 release.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Well clearly I'm doing something wrong, I appear to have the sounds working that are in the sound folders of the Panel VC folder, but none of the sounds in the BAC 1-11 Sound + APU folder, yet the VC cockpit works fine! as do all the external views, so the problem seems to be with the connection between the A/C folders and the BAC 1-11 Sound + APU folder in DMFS, I've tried rewriting the link in the sound folders of the A/C folders to read the full address, SimObjects\Airplanes\DMFS Shared files\BAC 1-11 Sound + APU, but that didn't work either, I'm already going bald and tearing my hair out over this isn't helping!!

mog

Here comes the "dumb" question....does sound= in the aircraft.cfg say the name of the sound folder?

I renamed that downloaded engine sound+APU sound folder to just plain SOUND.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In the main aircraft folder you should have sound.cfg which contains this entry

[fltsim]
alias=DMFS Shared Files\BAC 1-11 Sound + APU

And that should be where the "working" sound.cfg file will be.