Goalie70

Biz jets P3D with good FDE

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

¬† It's that time of year again and I'm in the market for a quality biz jet for P3D v3.4. Since purchase 1 year ago today I have flown my PMDG NG for almost 250¬†hours (yes I'm healthy ūüėŹ, play competitive hockey) and have simulated every faluire and situation available. But this year, after getting totally addicted to P1D on YouTube,¬†I want in on some virtual corporate flying. Basically, I'm looking for something with a well modeled flight model and in depth systems. As of right now I'm trying to decide between the Flight1 Citation 510 and the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25D. Any ideas on how well the¬†FDE of these jets are modeled? I've also heard nothing but good things about the¬†FSW Lear 35a but, the textures seem to be lacking. I also conduct also my flights on vatsim. So ,¬†Jets that are single pilot certified would be at the top of my list.

Thanks for reading this and Happy Landings

Andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm a fan of the Flight 1 Mustang.  And since you are on P3D 3.x, you can fly it now.  Those of us on v4 are waiting for the Mustang to be updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Greggy_D said:

I'm a fan of the Flight 1 Mustang.  And since you are on P3D 3.x, you can fly it now.  Those of us on v4 are waiting for the Mustang to be updated.

Yeah, I'm more of a pilot¬†than a tweaker/computer guru. I have spent many hours getting it to the¬†optimized settings/tweaks and I don't want to redo all of that. Plus, PTA cost money for v4 ūüėĒ¬†

Share this post


Link to post

Eaglesoft Citation X works in P3D v3 - stellar addon!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Goalie70,

I have heard that Eaglesoft have discovered P3Dv4 now and have updated. As I do not use that platform I have no evidence to back this up. I have to say though that the Eaglesoft Citation is a truly excellent product, at least for FS2004, and, I should imagine for P3Dv3/FSX/FSX-SE. They are also working, I believe, on the Challenger 604 and if/when that comes out it will be a bloody bewdy (Aussie slang for effin great LOL)

So ... plus one for Ryan Butterworths contribution.

Regards

Tony

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Eaglesoft Citation X works in P3D v3 - stellar addon!

I agree with Ryan. The Eaglesoft Citation X is simply the best biz jet for P3DV3. I have flown it in FS9,FSX and P3DV3.4. I will purchase it again for P3DV4, when it is released.

Greg

 

Share this post


Link to post

Echoing many others here, the F1 510 is very good.  If you don't plan to get on P3Dv4 any time soon, you can get it now.  F1 is updating it for V4 and will give discount should you choose to go up.  Or wait a bit to know what's the final multi sim platform they plan for will be in pricing.  The Eaglesoft CitationX is also very good, but the VC is a bit dated.  If you are into classic BizJet the Lear35 25D v2.1 is excellent.  

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Eaglesoft Citation X works in P3D v3 - stellar addon!

Yeah, I agree. However the VC textures are a bit lacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Goalie70,

I have heard that Eaglesoft have discovered P3Dv4 now and have updated. As I do not use that platform I have no evidence to back this up. I have to say though that the Eaglesoft Citation is a truly excellent product, at least for FS2004, and, I should imagine for P3Dv3/FSX/FSX-SE. They are also working, I believe, on the Challenger 604 and if/when that comes out it will be a bloody bewdy (Aussie slang for effin great LOL)

So ... plus one for Ryan Butterworths contribution.

Regards

Tony

 

Yes, I've been following the challenger project for about a year now and am really looking forward to its release. I heard ESDG is aiming for the first quarter of 2018. ūüėŹ

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Goalie70 said:

Yes, I've been following the challenger project for about a year now and am really looking forward to its release. I heard ESDG is aiming for the first quarter of 2018. ūüėŹ

For the CL30?  I doubt that - their c560 is only entering beta now and that's FSX only at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Andrew, understood that you are between the 510 and 25D, however let me say that I just bought today the FSW 35A and I must say that the product screenshots are deceiving. I was impressed by the texture work in the VC, the textures are high resolution and very clear. The modeling is very good too. It is not A2A or PMDG but I consider myself picky on visuals and I can certainly say, I will use it with joy. The FSFX immersion package is also a nice extra. 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

For the CL30?  I doubt that - their c560 is only entering beta now and that's FSX only at the moment 

*CL605 and, yes that's my bad, I was looking at the 560, you were right

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Hi Andrew, understood that you are between the 510 and 25D, however let me say that I just bought today the FSW 35A and I must say that the product screenshots are deceiving. I was impressed by the texture work in the VC, the textures are very high definition and very clear. The modeling is very good too. It is not A2A or PMDG but I consider myself picky on visuals and I can certainly say, I will use it with joy. The FSFX immersion package is also a nice extra. 

Hi Daedalus,

I just have 3 questions, how does she handle,FDE? Do you fly on vatsim? With the Lear yet? And, what platform are you running? V4?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Goalie70 said:

Hi Daedalus,

I just have 3 questions, how does she handle,FDE? Do you fly on vatsim? With the Lear yet? And, what platform are you running? V4?

I'm not a real pilot so I can't say how close to the real is the handling. However I can say that it flies very good. The movement of the plane in respond of the controls is very smooth. Gives me an impression of very well done FDE. The frames are awesome too. Real pilots could better speak for the absolute accuracy. 

I fly on Vatsim, but haven't flown yet with the L35A. I'll have to spend a number of offline hours to learn it. I'm running P3D v4.1 (latest). 

Share this post


Link to post

I've flown both Lears on Pilotedge and vatsim.  They are demanding because no auto throttle and how powerful they are.  And there's no vnav hehe so you have to pay attention to things

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now