Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

Biz jets P3D with good FDE

Hi all,

It's that time of year again and I'm in the market for a quality biz jet for P3D v3.4. Since purchase 1 year ago today I have flown my PMDG NG for almost 250 hours (yes I'm healthy 😏, play competitive hockey) and have simulated every faluire and situation available. But this year, after getting totally addicted to P1D on YouTube, I want in on some virtual corporate flying. Basically, I'm looking for something with a well modeled flight model and in depth systems. As of right now I'm trying to decide between the Flight1 Citation 510 and the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25D. Any ideas on how well the FDE of these jets are modeled? I've also heard nothing but good things about the FSW Lear 35a but, the textures seem to be lacking. I also conduct also my flights on vatsim. So , Jets that are single pilot certified would be at the top of my list.

Thanks for reading this and Happy Landings

Andrew

I'm a fan of the Flight 1 Mustang.  And since you are on P3D 3.x, you can fly it now.  Those of us on v4 are waiting for the Mustang to be updated.

Just now, Greggy_D said:

I'm a fan of the Flight 1 Mustang.  And since you are on P3D 3.x, you can fly it now.  Those of us on v4 are waiting for the Mustang to be updated.

Yeah, I'm more of a pilot than a tweaker/computer guru. I have spent many hours getting it to the optimized settings/tweaks and I don't want to redo all of that. Plus, PTA cost money for v4 😔 

Eaglesoft Citation X works in P3D v3 - stellar addon!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Goalie70,

I have heard that Eaglesoft have discovered P3Dv4 now and have updated. As I do not use that platform I have no evidence to back this up. I have to say though that the Eaglesoft Citation is a truly excellent product, at least for FS2004, and, I should imagine for P3Dv3/FSX/FSX-SE. They are also working, I believe, on the Challenger 604 and if/when that comes out it will be a bloody bewdy (Aussie slang for effin great LOL)

So ... plus one for Ryan Butterworths contribution.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I agree with Ryan. The Eaglesoft Citation X is simply the best biz jet for P3DV3. I have flown it in FS9,FSX and P3DV3.4. I will purchase it again for P3DV4, when it is released.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Echoing many others here, the F1 510 is very good.  If you don't plan to get on P3Dv4 any time soon, you can get it now.  F1 is updating it for V4 and will give discount should you choose to go up.  Or wait a bit to know what's the final multi sim platform they plan for will be in pricing.  The Eaglesoft CitationX is also very good, but the VC is a bit dated.  If you are into classic BizJet the Lear35 25D v2.1 is excellent.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah, I agree. However the VC textures are a bit lacking. 

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Goalie70,

I have heard that Eaglesoft have discovered P3Dv4 now and have updated. As I do not use that platform I have no evidence to back this up. I have to say though that the Eaglesoft Citation is a truly excellent product, at least for FS2004, and, I should imagine for P3Dv3/FSX/FSX-SE. They are also working, I believe, on the Challenger 604 and if/when that comes out it will be a bloody bewdy (Aussie slang for effin great LOL)

So ... plus one for Ryan Butterworths contribution.

Regards

Tony

Yes, I've been following the challenger project for about a year now and am really looking forward to its release. I heard ESDG is aiming for the first quarter of 2018. 😏

1 hour ago, Goalie70 said:

Yes, I've been following the challenger project for about a year now and am really looking forward to its release. I heard ESDG is aiming for the first quarter of 2018. 😏

For the CL30?  I doubt that - their c560 is only entering beta now and that's FSX only at the moment 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Andrew, understood that you are between the 510 and 25D, however let me say that I just bought today the FSW 35A and I must say that the product screenshots are deceiving. I was impressed by the texture work in the VC, the textures are high resolution and very clear. The modeling is very good too. It is not A2A or PMDG but I consider myself picky on visuals and I can certainly say, I will use it with joy. The FSFX immersion package is also a nice extra. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

44 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

For the CL30?  I doubt that - their c560 is only entering beta now and that's FSX only at the moment 

*CL605 and, yes that's my bad, I was looking at the 560, you were right

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Hi Andrew, understood that you are between the 510 and 25D, however let me say that I just bought today the FSW 35A and I must say that the product screenshots are deceiving. I was impressed by the texture work in the VC, the textures are very high definition and very clear. The modeling is very good too. It is not A2A or PMDG but I consider myself picky on visuals and I can certainly say, I will use it with joy. The FSFX immersion package is also a nice extra. 

Hi Daedalus,

I just have 3 questions, how does she handle,FDE? Do you fly on vatsim? With the Lear yet? And, what platform are you running? V4?

1 minute ago, Goalie70 said:

Hi Daedalus,

I just have 3 questions, how does she handle,FDE? Do you fly on vatsim? With the Lear yet? And, what platform are you running? V4?

I'm not a real pilot so I can't say how close to the real is the handling. However I can say that it flies very good. The movement of the plane in respond of the controls is very smooth. Gives me an impression of very well done FDE. The frames are awesome too. Real pilots could better speak for the absolute accuracy. 

I fly on Vatsim, but haven't flown yet with the L35A. I'll have to spend a number of offline hours to learn it. I'm running P3D v4.1 (latest). 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I've flown both Lears on Pilotedge and vatsim.  They are demanding because no auto throttle and how powerful they are.  And there's no vnav hehe so you have to pay attention to things

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |