Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

Biz jets P3D with good FDE

I am new to the sim world and could use some advice.

I have purchased the Eaglesoftdg Citation X 2.0 and wondered what platform to purchase? By mistake, I already purchased the Prepar3D 4v sim.

I have a Windows 10 (64 bit)  8 GB ram, & Intel (R) 10.19.15.4531 video card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Xwiz,

Apologies, but this post does not really make sense to me. I am at a loss to understand just what advice you are seeking.

If you have already purchased the Eaglesoft Citation you really should have somewhat of an idea which version you purchased. If it is for P3Dv4 (????) (I question that, because I do not think Eaglesoft have upgraded their aircraft to that platform yet) it will be an excellent aircraft. If, however, you have purchased the FSX version and you have already purchased P3Dv4, you have a small problem as it will not be compatible. If that is indeed the case. I would suggest that you look at buying FSX-SE (steam) as it is the cheapest of the 32bit sims. You can then fly using your new aircraft on that platform until you get really serious with P3Dv4.

Believe me as well, purchasing P3Dv4 is not, and will not ever be, a MISTAKE. It is, by ALL accounts, a superb platform. 

Your next step is to ensure that all add-ons you buy in the future are compatible with that Sim Platform.

Your system specs are also a little vague. 

Win 10 is OK

8gb RAM is okay BUT 16gb is preferable.

I have no idea what your Motherboard, CPU or your GPU is so I cannot comment on that. Ideally some further information would get you some sounder advice.

In the meantime, whilst I believe that English is not your first language, and that this is your first post, you could clarify your query to get better information and advice.

Seasons greetings

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:24 PM, ryanbatcund said:

I've flown both Lears on Pilotedge and vatsim.  They are demanding because no auto throttle and how powerful they are.  And there's no vnav hehe so you have to pay attention to things

Yeah, I love the looks of the XP prototypes 25D but I'm really leaning toward the mustang, I'm purchasing the ESDG CX and GTN 750 after finals this week, and by then will make up my mind if I want the 35, 25, or mustang. Thanks for your input, it's really been helpful 

Just note the speed of the C510 - it's quite slow.  I think I rarely got over 300 ktas in that.  The king air was faster 

edit

looking online it says 340 or mach .59 for vmo/mmo.  But if I recall it rarely got that high.  @Gregg_Seipp might be able to tell you more. I think he did a nice mod to help it get up to speed

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

20 hours ago, Xwiz said:

I am new to the sim world and could use some advice.

I have purchased the Eaglesoftdg Citation X 2.0 and wondered what platform to purchase? By mistake, I already purchased the Prepar3D 4v sim.

I have a Windows 10 (64 bit)  8 GB ram, & Intel (R) 10.19.15.4531 video card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We suggest FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, or P3DV3 as they represent current 32 Bit Platforms. All three can be run with one purchase and we think you will like the FDE.

CX 2.0 will not be made compatible for P3DV4 as that is reserved for the, yet to be, CXG4 in the Generation Four Catalog.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Just note the speed of the C510 - it's quite slow.  I think I rarely got over 300 ktas in that.  The king air was faster 

edit

looking online it says 340 or mach .59 for vmo/mmo.  But if I recall it rarely got that high.  @Gregg_Seipp might be able to tell you more. I think he did a nice mod to help it get up to speed

It flies at higher speeds with higher weights at lower flight levels, probably best between FL250-350 with decent fuel economy (600 lbs an hour) at the top of that range.  If you climb to FL410 and take off at max takeoff weight (8545 lbs) (fuel burn around 300 lbs to altitude), your weight will be around 8000 lbs and speed will be around 300 KTAS at ISA.  Speed will increase as your weight comes down, reaching 340 KTAS somewhere around 7500 ish....about an hour of cruise (fuel burn 500 lbs per hour at high altitude cruse). 

EDIT:  The modded FDE will get the airplane up to altitude much closer to the book times than the original FDE.  It also flies more accurately with given throttle at lower altitudes and holds the ILS better as well.  A number of other fixes including idle thrust, flaps, landing hardness.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

6 hours ago, Goalie70 said:

then will make up my mind if I want the 35, 25, or mustang. Thanks for your input, it's really been helpful 

I have all three and would respectfully suggest the Xtreme Prototypes GLJ25 is far superior!

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

On 16/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, ryanbatcund said:

their c560 is only entering beta now and that's FSX only at the moment 

Ryan. This was said in a thread about a week ago. I read Ed correct it promptly to say it included P3DV3 ie all 32bit. 

Cheers Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

4 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Ryan. This was said in a thread about a week ago. I read Ed correct it promptly to say it included P3DV3 ie all 32bit. 

Cheers Dean

Anybody know what nav data it will use?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

30 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

http://www.realnavdata.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

CX full Honeywell Primus 200 system originally used Navigraph and it is highly probable that will continue thru CX Generation Three for P3DV3, and CX Generation Four for P3DV4.

Citation XLS+ and Challenger 605 airframe specific full Proline 21 systems are committed to RealNav DB.

There is some misunderstanding and misinformation out there by those who read casually and repeat errors. Our official position is as stated. :cool:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

5 minutes ago, N400QW said:

CX full Honeywell Primus 200 system originally used Navigraph and it is highly probable that will continue thru CX Generation Three for P3DV3, and CX Generation Four for P3DV4.

Thanks for clarifying.

Gregg Seipp

Actually database support in v4 is technically up in the air.  Microsoft is discontinuing support for the Access database system in 64bit.  So, since the current database from Navigraph is an Access data file... I'm not even certain it's viable long term.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

4 hours ago, WarpD said:

Actually database support in v4 is technically up in the air.  Microsoft is discontinuing support for the Access database system in 64bit.  So, since the current database from Navigraph is an Access data file... I'm not even certain it's viable long term.

Interesting, I imagine a drastic change will be required.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Simbol