Sign in to follow this  
jsg0813

Chaseplane Crash - Plane loses control

Hello all,

i keep getting a chase plane crash. The application will randomly close and weirdly causes the plane within the sim to "lose hydraulics" where the yoke or stick no longer controls aircraft. Plane dives into ground. 

I then try to re-open app and it doesn't recognize P3D being open. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

- Josh 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:47 PM, jsg0813 said:

Hello all,

i keep getting a chase plane crash. The application will randomly close and weirdly causes the plane within the sim to "lose hydraulics" where the yoke or stick no longer controls aircraft. Plane dives into ground. 

I then try to re-open app and it doesn't recognize P3D being open. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

- Josh 

+1

While I have not seen chaseplane.exe crash with the latest versions, I have been suffering from a a major simconnect problem which began with the latest chaseplane updates. 

After a few hours in the air, simconnect is no longer communicating with any of the programs that depend on it.

PMDG (aircraft no longer responds to any control inputs). 

FSUIPC (menu is no longer accessible)

Couatl/Addonmanager (menu is no longer accessible).

As of my last flight 10 days go, I have never before seen this problem. When I launched P3D V4.1 for the first time again on Sunday, chaseplane updated. Since then I have seen the same issue over and over again.  Nothing else was updated (Windows/ P3D related stuff).

When I disable chaseplane (before launching P3D, the simconnect issue does not occur).

I have tested the same scenario 6 times now, and each time after ~2 hours of elapsed time (during cruise flight) in the PMDG B777, simconnect crashes (without any warning/pop-ups). Attempting to open any simconnect dependent program, within the add-on tab, fails.

Up to v0.4.19, I can confirm the issue is present.

Whichever was the experimental release around December 1st, was the last simconnect problem-free release.

I have seen this issue before but have yet to find the exact cause of it.

The common solution is to rename the P3D AppData folder and let it regenerate after launching P3D. After that, put the relevant files in place one by one (exe.xml, dll.xml, Controls, prepar3d.cfg)

Let me know if that fixes it for you. It seems to be a corrupt file somewhere that breaks the entire add-on system.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I have seen this issue before but have yet to find the exact cause of it.

The common solution is to rename the P3D AppData folder and let it regenerate after launching P3D. After that, put the relevant files in place one by one (exe.xml, dll.xml, Controls, prepar3d.cfg)

Let me know if that fixes it for you. It seems to be a corrupt file somewhere that breaks the entire add-on system.

Thank you Keven.

I renamed the P3D AppData folder and let P3D regenerate. I am using a fresh p3d.cfg just to be safe.

I just took off for the same route I was doing the testing on the past few days. PMDG B777, KSFO - EDDF. Fingers crossed that the issue is solved! I will keep you posted.

Are there any files in the folder Chaseplane edits during a update? 

Cameras.cfg and exe.xml but I really doubt those are the cause.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

11 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Cameras.cfg and exe.xml but I really doubt those are the cause.

Keven,

Successfully completed KSFO - EDDF. No issues whatsoever. Thank you for your support.

I would never have suspected the AppData folder, considering I had not made any changes to it. I am really curious to find out which file specifically, somehow becomes corrupted and eventually crashes simconnect after ~2 hours of flying time.