Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Quality Wings Avro RJ in P3D v3.3

I am testing to see if I can use the Quality Wings Avro RJ in P3D v3.3. I usually prefer to set up a flight and save it, so that I can pushback on startup at a later date. This works perfectly with the PMDG 737 NGX and 747-400, but unfortunately it seems that not all of the changes are saved with the Quality Wings Avro RJ. It looks like the flightplan/fuel loads etc that I added in the FMC are OK, but any changes to the MCP/TRP/AP/Flaps are not. Is this normal, or is there a way to get the QW software to save ALL changes of this kind?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

the QW team will scold you for using an aircraft in a SIM it wasn't built for.  Much to everyone's dismay it does not quite work in v3. Issues with either gear, flaps or spoilers. I have managed to get two of the three working.  

Check their forums.  Some have had success with full version of FSUIPC setting controls. Most haven't. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

37 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

the QW team will scold you for using an aircraft in a SIM it wasn't built for.  Much to everyone's dismay it does not quite work in v3. Issues with either gear, flaps or spoilers. I have managed to get two of the three working.  

Check their forums.  Some have had success with full version of FSUIPC setting controls. Most haven't. 

It works fine in V3, but as you say the flaps, spoilers, gear ect can fail to work.

The solution is to assign a P3D key press to "reload user object", once the aircraft has loaded fully and the hsi ect are running then  press the key to reload user object, it works fine then ,it seems it is not fully loading all it's variables on first load but just needs to be loaded into the sim twice.

So, does this mean that all variables would be saved if I prepar3d my flight in advance in either FSX or P3D v2?

As for my testing, I have managed to get it in the air without issues (with TOGA/flaps/landing gear/AP functions working), and also following the flightplan. Now I just need to get it to my destination, and test the ability of the plane to capture the VOR LOC/glideslope, and land without any issues. I have noticed that the ILS approach at my destination airport is not stated in the flightplan (even though I followed the instructions in the Quick Start manual). It ends with the NDB on the final approach path. Is that normal with this aircraft, or should the ILS entries be there? By this, I mean like the PMDG 737 NGX which has entries like FI27, CI27, and RW27 (and the associated speeds/altitudes).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

So, does this mean that all variables would be saved if I prepar3d my flight in advance in either FSX or P3D v2?

I have no idea if this would work Christopher, it's easier just to reload the user object, this works reliably every time here.

I decided to simply complete the flight preparations after loading, since these take no more than a minute. For the record, do you know how to get the MCP heading button to move in increments of more than one degree at a time, and the altitude button to move at more than 100 feet per click? There must be a way to do this....

I managed to get the aircraft configured properly, up in the air, and following the flightplan from EGPD Aberdeen to EGAA Belfast Aldergrove. I got it all the way to final approach to runway 25 at my destination airport, but not having a printed copy of the instructions to hand resulted in a failed approach (due to not having the Primary Course Selector and Format in the right modes; the vertical deviation indicator never appeared, so I never got a lock on the ILS beam). Strangely, the aircraft went into a steep descent at this point on autopilot after lowering the landing gear and selecting FLAPS 33. I assume this had something to do with my mistakes, but it seemed like the trim had not been reconfigured properly. I assume that this is done automatically in VNAV mode when slowing down for the approach?

Anyway, I will try again this afternoon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I decided to simply complete the flight preparations after loading, since these take no more than a minute.

It's not about the flight preparations, it's the fact that from time to time the flaps , spoilers and gears fail to work unless the plane is loaded twice,  its unpredictable sometimes it will load perfectly other times you will not be able to raise or lower the flaps. who knows what else does not initialise properly but you will not find out until it's too late.

just load the thing twice, then you are sure it will work correctly.

First successful AP flight test completed. I managed to get the Vertical Deviation Indicator to appear this time (I remembered to set the PCS to V/L and the Format to ARC mode during final approach) :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png