Sign in to follow this  
Karl Klose

[FSX] Cockpit flood lights

I can switch the white cockpit flood light on and off with the Shift-L FSX shortcut, but I can't find a corresponding light switch. There is a switch labelled "Cockpit flood light white", but it seems to do nothing.

Any ideas how to switch this light from the virtual cockpit?

Light: https://ibb.co/dt18X6

Switch:https://ibb.co/i2RxQR

Karl Klose

1 hour ago, Karl Klose said:

There is a switch labelled "Cockpit flood light white", but it seems to do nothing.

The switch works for me. When I use the mouse and turn the switch on and off I see illumination going on and off. I am flying the P3Dv4 version, not FSX so don't know if this would make a difference.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

THe switch does work on my FSX as well.

Make sure you have the latest version, you can check on the Operations Center for that.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi.

If your switch is doing nothing , then i have to ask , IS your ground power connected and batt on .

There are two white flood light switches , the cockpit flood switch is on the left roof panel 4 and rear flood for the circuit breakers is on the roof panel 2 .

regards Alan Cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

For me (P3Dv4.1) the white flood light is working, but ist not really bright (specially when HDR is turned off!)... For additional brightness, I always turn on the "entrance lights" and "main j. box flood lights". These switches are located above the no smoking and seat belt signs switches. The cockpit flood light switch (labeled "cockpit flood light white") is located on the heater fire control panel (#4, page 30 in the POH), on the left side above the captains head. But for flying, I only use the red lights.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:37 PM, SO666 said:

Hi.

If your switch is doing nothing , then i have to ask , IS your ground power connected and batt on .

There are two white flood light switches , the cockpit flood switch is on the left roof panel 4 and rear flood for the circuit breakers is on the roof panel 2 .

regards Alan Cottrill.

Yes, battery is on and ground power connected. The flood light can be triggered by the FSX shortcut, but the switch does not work. I tried running with Admin rights, but it did not work there either.

It is not a big deal, as I can use the light, it is just a bit annoying that I cannot use the VC only.