Sign in to follow this  
Brian Asbury

FS Navigator?

Hey guys,

I just dusted off an reinstalled my FS9, (which I have preferred to FSX over the years). I'm looking for a program I used to use call FSNavigator. Anyone have it or know where I can get it?

Thanks.

On 16/12/2017 at 2:48 PM, bill10 said:

If the comment on that web site  "a version that does not require registration" is true it is an illegal and hacked copy. There are many other untruths on that page, such as "there is nothing to compare with it for FSX" because the same developer has produced one although development is ongoing. That is the reason why (much to everybody's disappointment, the FS9 software was discontinued.

The developer has confirmed there are no "free to use" versions of FSNavigator other than an occasional randomly generated free registration which was offered at the time as an incentive.

Hopefully Brian still has his original registration information.

Here is a link to v4.7:
http://www.flightsimhq.com/downloads/viewfile/435.html

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

36 minutes ago, John Hinson said:

If the comment on that web site  "a version that does not require registration" is true it is an illegal and hacked copy. There are many other untruths on that page, such as "there is nothing to compare with it for FSX" because the same developer has produced one although development is ongoing. That is the reason why (much to everybody's disappointment, the FS9 software was discontinued.

The developer has confirmed there are no "free to use" versions of FSNavigator other than an occasional randomly generated free registration which was offered at the time as an incentive.

Hopefully Brian still has his original registration information.

Here is a link to v4.7:
http://www.flightsimhq.com/downloads/viewfile/435.html

John

John,

I believe Bob's site just has a download of the same fsnav470.zip file as the site you linked. If I remember correctly you get 20 sessions free before you must pay and register the software.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

9 hours ago, bill10 said:

John,

I believe Bob's site just has a download of the same fsnav470.zip file as the site you linked. If I remember correctly you get 20 sessions free before you must pay and register the software.

Thanks.

A more-than misleading site then, raising people's hopes of a freeby only for them to be later disappointed to find it unusable.

The problem is that you can no longer pay to register which means that it is only of use to those who have already registered. Hence my comment that I hope Brian still has his registration information.

Best regards,

John

16 hours ago, A32xx said:

FSNav 4.7 for FS9 is definitely freeware and has been for some time. Please see this 3 page thread from 2011: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?237147-FS-Navigator-4-7-is-freeware!

Although you CAN still enter registration details if you have them, the 30-day trial period never ends if you don't. 

That article links to the same site mentioned before. If the ONE person in that thread who claims it works without limit is telling the truth (how can we be sure?) then as I said before, it is an illegally hacked copy. Most comments in that discussion are that it does not.

Let me quote the email I had from the developer on 28/1/16 when I contacted him about this:

========

John Hinson has asked me for an opinion on this subject. I am Helge Schroeder,
the developer and owner of FSNavigator and FSTramp. Social networks or forums
I usually stay away, so this is an exception.

FSNavigator is not freeware, and in the future it will not freeware. The results from
the license terms and even today it is my opinion.

Sticking to FS2004 has the flight simulation very hurt and I do not support this.
License key for FSNav for FS2004 are therefore neither given away nor sold by me.
The flight simulation lies on the ground, compared to 2005. I can not support the causes.

=======

Best Regards,
Helge Schroeder
Team FSTramp

I do not necessarily agree with his reasons but I certainly respect his rights.

FSTramp is of course the FSX equivalent of FS Navigator I mentioned earlier.

John

FSNav 4.70 is not an illegally hacked copy. Here's a quote from Bob Holland's FS Navigator webpage:

"It was available at www.fsnavigator.com as Payware but the author unfortunately is no longer able to continue to support it. Before his web site expired he did provide a version that does not require registration. I have it available here for download fsnav470.zip 10,008kb"

Helge Schroeder may not like the fact that this free copy of FSNav for FS2004 only is still available, alongside his payware FSTramp for FSX/P3D/XP only, but there's clearly nothing he can do about it.

I'm sorry to say that's another "non-fact" on that website you are quoting.

What actually happened at the time was that it suddenly became impossible to register the software and nobody knew why. Track back a long way on various forums and you will find lots of discussion about it and lots of "informed" reasons - the most extreme of which was that Helge had died in a motor-cycle accident which was plain cruel.

Some thoughts to ponder - if a new version had been produced that didn't require registration it wouldn't be called v4.70 (unless it was a dodgy hack). And if Helge wanted to make it free, surely he would have just published a universal registration code on his web site for all to use - that would have been so much easier than spending time modifying the software. But why would he do either if he wanted everybody to move on to FSX?

I don't see any other sites offering v4.70 claiming the same freedom from registration, and there are a few out there.

I have no personal stake in this other than presenting the situation as I see it. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish.

John

I remember the FS Navigator app and using it when there was a good sized community of on-line simmers.  IIRC, there was a download of "SIDS and STARS" that was required to make it work properly.  My understanding is that that information is no longer available to use with FS9, even if  a registered FS Navigator user.  Is this accurate?

41 minutes ago, John Hinson said:

I have no personal stake in this other than presenting the situation as I see it. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish.

I believe this is for Helge Schroeder and Bob Holland to sort out between themselves! :happy:

27 minutes ago, forkedtail said:

My understanding is that that information is no longer available to use with FS9, even if  a registered FS Navigator user.  Is this accurate?

Luckily fsnav470.zip AND fsnavss8.zip (the SIDs & STARs) are both downloadable from the Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080113030434/http://www.fsnavigator.com:80/

• Like 1

Brian, did you ever try the supposed free FSNavigator?  Did it work?

Jim

CYWG

Hi All,

I know this is really OLD but,  I've been using FS9 as my regular Flight Sim  (although I do have all the others including MS2020) - and until very recently I've not flirted with any add-on Nav Map so, although I'd seen the odd one advertised/recommended over the years, I've had no experience of them.

Recently, re- reading some old 'Tips & Tricks' (remember those?)  that I'd collected years back, I saw information regarding FS Navigator. I came across this thread and indeed downloaded the ' fsnav470.zip' mentioned here.

Posting now to save anyone else the disapointment.  Whereas this handy little Program is still avaiable to Download it is NOT viable. I repeat NOT VIABLE now in light of the fact it cannot be registered nor purchased and does indeed end after a short trail period.

For information of all.

Regards,

Blue